Karen McGrath MBACP Registered, PGDip
I am an experienced Psychotherapeutic Counsellor. I work with adults, couples, young people and students in counselling training. I offer confidential counselling, short, medium and long term therapy dependant on your individual needs. I work in Andover Town Centre (SP10), I provide therapy, information, strategies and support to help you manage:
- relationship problems, couples work & family issues
- depression & feeling low
- low self esteem, poor body image & loss of / low confidence,
- stress,anxiety and panic
- bereavement, loss and grief,
- food, weight and eating problems
- work related stress, bullying, career planning & changes
- Domestic Abuse
There are many reasons why you may be seeking counselling or psychotherapy, give me a call or email to book your free 20 minute consultation with me.
I use Transactional Analysis in my work as a Therapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am qualified and experienced Psychotherapist and Counsellor at Post Graduate level and I am a registered member of MBACP.
- Post Graduate Clinical Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling with Middlesex University
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling with The Berne Institute
- Certificate in working with Children and Young People with The Berne Institute
- Freedom Programme Training with Andover Crisis and Support centre
- Advanced Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy Training with CPTI, Edinburgh
- Certificate in Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis
- Transactional Analysis 101 Verification Certificate
I have worked as a Counsellor at The Princess Royal Trust for Carers ( 2010 to 2015)
I have also worked in the local community as a counsellor with Andover Crisis and Support Centre and Cruse Bereavement.
I subscribe to code of ethics of BACP.
I have an up to date DBS certificate.
I have Professional Indemnity Insurance with PPS.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
- £55 for Individuals (60 minutes session)
- £80 for Couples (60 minutes session)
Discounts available depending on circumstances.
You are welcome to contact me without obligation, for more information or with any questions you may have about Counselling & Psychotherapy.
I can offer you a free telephone or face to face consultation for us to talk briefly about what you are bringing to therapy.
Please enquire by email or telephone call or text message.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer sessions weekdays and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|