My name is Karen I am a Person Centred / Integrative Counsellor working within Rotherham.
I have had extensive experience working within the NHS and Charitable organisations..
· I was part of a small team who set up Rotherham Women’s Counselling Service (now named Rotherham Abuse Counselling Service).
· My work included both primary care and secondary care client’s, working with Women and Men.
· I am a trauma informed Counsellor / Psychotherapist
· BACP Accred
· Dip in the Theory and Practice of Counselling
· EMDR Practitioner
· Cert Supervision
· Three year Body Psychotherapy Course
· BUPA recognised
· I offer a safe, non-judgemental and compassionate space in order for you to explore your feelings.
· I draw on knowledge from my own experiential training in Somatic informed therapies.
· My interest is around the mind body connection and the Autonomic Nervous System; whatever life situation we are experiencing, it is ALWAYS, ALWAYS the Autonomic Nervous System that is responding in the best way it can with the resources it has!
· My intention is to support you and your life experiences and aid you in understanding how our Autonomic Nervous System works; to offer approaches in supporting Emotional Regulation.
If after reading this page you would like to speak to me, please do not hesitate to get in touch!
Training, qualifications & experience
* BUPA recognised, follow the following link: https://finder.bupa.co.uk/Consultant/view/205063/karen_marshall
* BACP (Accred)
* Three year Body Psychotherapy Course
* Dip in the Theory and Practice of Counselling
* Cert Counselling
* EMDR Practitioner - see www.emdrassociation.org.uk for more information
* BACP Registered - see www.bacp.co.uk for more information - Registration number: 025001
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Face to Face Counselling / Psychotherapy fees are £50 and last for one hour.
Face to Face Counselling student fees are £50 and last for one hour.
Clinical supervision fees are £50 for one hour – Please note I offer a free 30 minute meeting for supervisees.
Zoom Counselling fees are £50 and last for one hour – To be paid via bank transfer before the beginning of the session.
Telephone counselling sessions are £50 and last for one hour – To be paid via bank transfer before the beginning of the session.
Please contact me to discuss your requirements; Zoom now offers much more possibilities and availability.