Karen Hunter-Jones - The Cor Practice
I have been running my private practice for three years. Prior to this I was a chaplain to the Military and have also been a chaplain to two universities.
The Cor Practice is here to help you take hold of courage to tell the story of who you are with your whole heart.
Specialising in the treatment and management of trauma, I serve the emergency services in partnership with The Red Poppy Company & PTSD Resolution. I am a qualified Human Givens Therapist. This is a specialised, positive, holistic & effective approach to mental health care. I am fully insured, with an advanced DBS, and am under supervision.
Please get in touch to arrange an initial free 15 min video call via Zoom to discuss what it is you want out of therapy. If we both think we can work together then we can arrange our first paid session & take it from there.
- Online therapy & counselling
- Face to face therapy & counselling
- Walk & talk therapy & counselling
- Mentoring leaders
- Art'n'Soul Classes
Training, qualifications & experience
- Human Givens Part 1 Diploma
- Human Givens Part 2 Diploma
- Human Givens Post Graduate Diploma
- Diploma Theology, Oxford University
- BA Graphic Illustration, Ulster University
- Chaplain to UWE - 2010
- Chaplain to the Military, MOD Bristol - 2012 - 2018
- Residential Life Adviser, University of Bristol - 2019-2021.
- Private Practice - The Cor Practice - 2018 - present day.
Human Givens Institute
The Human Givens Institute (HGI) is both a membership organisation and a professional body representing the interests of those in the caring and teaching professions who have an interest in or utilise the human givens approach. Counselling Directory register Registered Members (MHGI) and Fellow Members (FHGI), who will have completed the Post Graduate Practitioner's Assessment (Part III) and who are fully qualified to practise as a human givens therapist or counsellor. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £40.00 to £80.00
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
- Voluntary donations - Termination, miscarriage, stillbirth, neo-natal death.
- Age 22+ - £80
- Age 16-21 - £50
- Age 5-15 - £40
- Couples - £80
- Family - £160 (per session)
- Group - £80 (per person)
- Mentoring - £80 (per session)
- Retreats - To be agreed with clients
- Keynote speaking - £300 + expenses
- Art'n'Soul class - £10 per person.
11.00 - 20.00 Monday through Thursday.
I am available at Network Counselling in Filton Bristol on Thursdays.