Karen-Anne Johnson Accred. BACP. Couns. Psychotherapist /Clinical Supervisor
Thank you for choosing to read how I may help you. If you are new to this activity of finding a person to trust with your emotional self I applaud your decision ...You are on your way !
I am the Director of Access Therapy. I offer Counselling/Psychotherapy and Clinical Supervision from my private practice in Veryan on the Roseland Peninsula. A quiet and tranquil space.
MY WORK LIFE PAST AND PRESENT.
I began my career in the field of psychiatry working as a staff nurse / family therapist . I moved on to work in Social services with children and young people traumatised by abuse and cult/ gang membership .
In 2000 I worked in private practice , I had contracts for Counselling NHS staff , East of England Ambulance service , BUPA, Medical insurance companies , Military .
I have been School counsellor for youngsters aged 7-18yrs old ...also running groups for the school to address Bullying , Bereavement and substance abuse .
In 2009 I worked in Detox / Rehab offering group work , family / individual/ couples therapy and Clinical supervision.
At present as well as working privately with many different issues for example , Anxiety , Low mood , everyday angst / decision making ,I am also a Homicide Bereavement Therapist working with people who have been affected by complex Bereavement / PTSD, either through murder / terrorism, corporate manslaughter .
I offer group Clinical supervision to a major uk charity and have a caseload of student / experienced counsellors and consultative supervision for specific groups .
Home/school/college visits are sometimes possible.
Appointments also available evening and weekends inc. Sunday.
I am happy for you to email me for any questions that you need to ask .
Training, qualifications & experience
)In terms of work experience with 5yr to 85yr olds, in brief here are some of my roles past and present:
- Staff Nurse RMN
- Family Therapist
- School/Staff counsellor
- Addiction therapist at Detox/Rehab.
- Employee Assisted programme Therapist ( NHS staff )
- Clinical Supervisor for students and experienced counsellors/groups
- Homicide Bereavement Therapist ( MOJ )
- Psychodynamic Theory and practice Ad. Dip.
- Advanced therapeutic group work
- Integrative psychotherapy BA ( Hons ) ( Anglia Ruskin University )
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioural therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy ( ACT)
- Post Grad. Clinical Supervision ( University of Derby )
- Couples Therapy
- sex Therapy ( CCPD ) London
- Hypnotherapy Ad. Dip.
- person centred counselling Ad.Dip
- Life coaching
This list is not conclusive please ask for more info if you need to.
For lengthy descriptions about the types of therapy on offer please look on the BACP website or Google.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Pet Bereavement
- Exam stress
- Group support/therapy for school staff and students
Individuals/couples £50- £80per session consultation fee is £45
Reduced rates for Students / Senior citizens
Reduced rate for block booking .
supervision rates please enquire .
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime , Evening , Weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer Developmental style Supervision to individuals and groups.