Karen Alford BA (Hons) Counselling, Reg MBACP (Accred) Counsellor.
Hi I'm Karen, I have a BA (Hons) Counselling. I am an experienced Registered MBACP (Accred) Counsellor and a Stress Management Counsellor. My Private Practice is based in Esher.
I work with a broad spectrum of relationship issues, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, family issues, abuse, stress, low self esteem and confidence issues which are just a few of the areas I am experienced at working with. I provide a respectful, safe, non-judgemental and confidential environment for you to explore what is troubling you. We can work through life's challenges together. I am there to support and facilitate you to meet your individual needs and to enhance your wellbeing. We can explore how you can live in a more satisfying and resourceful way through Counselling, Stress management and Life Coaching Skills. Sometimes we may need an objective person to talk to. Counselling provides a unique space, where you can dedicate much needed time to yourself. Counselling and Coaching help raise awareness and choice, whilst gaining skills and strategies to support and enhance your wellbeing and life. I will assist you to unlock the answers that lie within you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Counselling. (Greenwich University) 2015
- Advanced Diploma in Professional Integrative Counselling (BACP Accred Course) 2004
- Certificate in Stress Management and Performance Coaching (Centre for Coaching) 2005
- Certificate in Coaching (Centre for Coaching) 2005
- Advanced Certificate in Cognitive-Behavioural Approaches to Psychotherapy and Counselling (Centre for Stress Management) 2007
- Diploma in Stress Management (Centre for Stress Management) 2007
- ITEC Diploma in Anatomy, Physiology, & Body-Massage
- ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy
- Psychiatric Nurse Training/Qualified (RMN) (The Bethlem Royal & Maudsley Hospital NHS) 1994
- Certified Practitioner of NLP Coaching
- Certificate in Health & Wellbeing Coaching
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and Mindfulness Skills training
- COSRT endorsed The Fundamentals of Working with Couples
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Negative Thinking, Verbal Abuse, Loss, Post Natal Depression, Assertiveness, Stress Management, Health Related Issues, Low Self Esteem, Confidence Issues, Self-Criticism, Fear, Shame, Attachment and Developmental Issues, Family Issues, Parenting Issues, Identity, General Counselling, Self-Development, Women's Issues, Transitions and Change, Relaxation Skills, Performance Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Life Coaching Skills
Fees £50-£55 (per session) 50 minutes
£110 per 50 minutes for couples
£160 per 75 minutes for couples
A couple of concessions are available for students/low income/individual basis, please ask.
Clients I work with, and how I deliver therapy
Adults 18yrs and above.
Short term/brief one to one work and longer term face to face work.
Integrative Counselling, CBT, Solution Focused, Stress Management, NLP and Coaching Skills.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tues 9am, 10am, 11am Weds 9am, 11am Thurs 9am, 11am Friday 9am, 10am Sunday 10am, 11am, 12pm Some odd 1-4pm afternoons are available. Very few evenings left.
Types of client