I offer a confidential, dynamic and supportive approach to client issues, using exceptional communication and listening skills. I have 12 years experience in counselling and psychotherapy working both long and short term with a diverse range of clients and issues.
I am passionate about all aspects of counselling and psychotherapy and have particular experience with relationship issues of all kinds, depression, anxiety, parenting issues (pre and post natal), trauma and abuse and identity issues.
I am also particularly interested in transgenerational trauma, boarding school trauma and issues around gender identity and sexuality.
In working together we will explore your patterns of thinking, feeling, behaving and relating to help you learn more about yourself and your relationships, opening up choices and helping you make the changes/decisions you may wish to make to enable you to live the life you want to live.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in transactional analysis counselling (COSCA validated)
- COSCA counselling supervision certificate
- Registered member of BACP
- LLB Edinburgh University
- Diploma in legal practice Edinburgh University
- I am a member of EATA (European Association of Transactional Analysis) and IARTA (International Association of Relational Transactional Analysis).
Private Practice: 12 years of working with a wide range of clients and issues (see list below). I also supervise individuals in their counselling work.
Charitable Sector: I am currently and have been for 12 years a counsellor/psychotherapist with the CrossReach Perinatal Service in Edinburgh and I am also a supervisor with this organisation. I have extensive experience with individuals. Couples and groups as well as experience in dealing with family issues.
Teaching Workshops: I have delivered the module on transactional analysis as part of Edinburgh University's Life Long Learning course on foundations of counselling as well as delivering workshops to private organisations and the Scottish Executive on transactional analysis in the workplace.
General: I have 15 years experience of working in the high pressured environments of the legal profession (partner & director) and also in business (director).
I have been the chair and member of the Board of Directors for a number of charitable bodies.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Transgenerational trauma
- Boarding school trauma
- Gender identity/sexuality.
Individuals - £50 per 50 minute session.
Couples - £65 per 75 minute session.
Groups - 90 minute session (cost depends on the size of the group).
I offer a free initial 20 minute telephone consultation to discuss your needs at the outset.
- I work from a relational perspective and a member of the International Association of Relational Transactional Analysis
- Relationships are my passion and I am experienced in working with many relationship problems and questions
- I have a number of areas of specific interest such as transgenerational trauma, boarding school trauma and issues of gender and sexuality.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|