Jutta Brayne - UKCP, EMDR accredited - Braynework
Hello. With almost 20 years of experience as an integrative and client-centred psychotherapist, I bring to my work thorough and comprehensive training and practice in several mainstream therapy approaches, in particular trauma therapy (including developmental and attachment-related trauma) with EMDR.
This allows me to offer psychotherapy closely tailored to your needs and wishes as client. I provide short and long-term individual therapy for adults as well as couples counselling in a calm and supportive environment, the (heated) Shepherd's Hut in our garden in Sheringham (see photo below).
As a registered psychotherapist with UKCP I adhere to UKCP's ethical framework.
In 2015 I retired from the NHS Wellbeing Service as Psychological Therapist, where I specialised in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and trauma therapy with EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing). Before moving to Norfolk I worked in multicultural settings with London charities and especially with adults who were sexually abused in childhood.
True to my initial transpersonal/person-centred psychotherapy training I base my work on creating a trusting, non-judgmental, accepting and co-operative relationship with my client and take a holistic approach to psychotherapy.
I strongly believe in (because of evidence for) the healing capacity of individuals. Therapy enhances this process by finding and integrating those experiences that underpin current difficulties. In my experience, and evidenced by research, EMDR is a particularly sensitive, yet powerful approach to facilitating long-term emotional, psychological, and often physical, healing and personal growth.
I grew up in West Germany, and my professional background is in teaching. I spent my earlier adult years working and travelling the world, with postings in Moscow, Warsaw, East and West Berlin, Vienna and Beijing.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Transpersonal / Person-centred Counselling and Psychotherapy at the CCPE in London
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Advanced Psychotherapy - CCPE in London
- M.A. in Transpersonal Psychotherapy, DeMontfort University, Leicester
- Accredited EMDR Practitioner (UK&I / Europe Association) working to Consultant Status (expected Autumn 2019)
- Training Facilitator in Attachment EMDR (trained in UK and USA by Dr Laurel Parnell)
- Post-Graduate Diploma (High Intensity) in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Anglia Ruskin University and Oxford Centre for Cognitive Therapy
- Post-Graduate diplomad in transpersonal Couples Therapist CCPE in London
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Dreamwork - CCPE in London
- Certified Instructor for Heart-Rhythm-Practice/Meditation
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
£70 an hour for individuals face to face in Sheringham and Norwich, unless otherwise agreed. £80 per hour for couples face to face. £100 per hour for therapy online.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||German (native speaker)|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|