Justyna Isobel Matejek BA(Hons) Counselling, MBACP, Dance/Body Therapist, Essex
12 Trinity Street
Specialising in depression and anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, related psychosomatic conditions (fatigue, tiredness, insomnia, muscle tension, IBS), relationship issues, body psychotherapy.
I am BA MBACP Person-Centred, Humanistic Counsellor, Mentor, Body and Dance and Movement Therapist, working holistically with body and mind. I use CBT and solution focus therapy, mindfulness and meditation, as well as breathing exercises for faster results in feeling better and regaining balance.
Our first session is an assessment based on which I will tailor the best counselling options for you so that you will know how we will work on. Also, I will provide you with counselling agreement, that we will both discuss and sign.
If you looking for someone experienced and professional, empathic and understanding, who can help you gain mental, physical and spiritual clarity and become healthier and happier in life you have reached the right counsellor.
I work in a beautiful and friendly environment in Colchester Town Center, always making sure that you feel free and safe to express whatever comes to mind and the body. I facilitate simplicity, truthfulness, kindness and warmth in our meetings.
....Life can be really hard sometimes and can feel unbearable. We all have been there too and felt like the sky is falling on us. Counselling can help you to overcome this time, find meaning and clarity.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Counselling Studies - University of Essex
Dip. Person-centred Counselling - University of Essex
- MBACP- Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Dance of Awareness Practitioner from Brighton School for Embodied Therapy. trained by pioneers of Body Psychotherapy and Dance and Movement Therapy in the UK - Clare Osbond and Tim Brown,
- Child Psychology Diploma
- over 10 years of experience in working towards positive emotional and physical wellbeing.
- (depression, anxiety, grief, eating disorders, body image issues,
- Counselling in English and Polish
- Working within BACP Ethical Framework (www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Women group: Women Huddle Brunch once a month on Sundays@ 37 Queen Street, Colchester, 2h workshop- £14
join us: fb group: Women`s Huddle Brunch
Movement and Sound Workshop, once a month on Fridays@ the University of Essex, 2h workshop £10
visit: fb: Colchester Movement and Sound Collective
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Photos & videos
1h session counselling: £35/h
individual dance and movement therapeutic session: £25/h
£40-£60 / 1.5h per group session (min 6 people)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available -Flexible, mornings, afternoon, evenings, all depends on the schedule.
Types of client