Jurga Kalinauskiene - FDA counselling, dip creative therapies, MS psychology
I am Person-centred counsellor and Ihavw experience working with children, young people and adults. I believe that giving warm, empathic, non-judgemental and honest environment, helps the client to feel listened and valued; the person then can make sense of what she/he is going through; express her/his feelings and thoughts and there can be lots of reasons for having disturbed feelings and thoughts - anxiety, depression, bereavement, loss, separation and many other reasons.
Working with children I use play therapy techniques which helps for the child to make sense of what he/she is going through, to help her/him express their feelings, thoughts as our language develops gradually and it might be difficult for a child to express those feelings and thoughts yet and play therapy techniques can help to do that.
I also believe that creative therapies can be useful working with any age clients as it helps to unlock what our defence mechanisms are so cleverly hiding from our consciousness.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Creative therapies (Lindum college) 2016,
- PETLs level 4 (Doncaster College) 2015,
- Certificate in Supporting Children and Young people (Cruse Bereavement Care) 2015,
- Diploma in Counselling Children and Adolescence (Online Academies) 2014,
- Supervisor’s course (Cruse Bereavement Care) 2013,
- FdA Counselling (university of Hull/ North Lindsey college) 2013,
- Master’s degree in Forensic Psychology (Lithuanian Law university) 2004,
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology (Vytautas Magnus university) 2000,
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am also a supervisor offering one to one or group supervision.View supervision profile