June Simister MBACP
My name is June Simister. I am a qualified counsellor and a registered member of the BACP. I work in private practice in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire.
I have over 12 years experience helping clients to explore what they want and need and how to achieve their goals.
Because as individuals we think, feel and react in different ways to the challenges we experience/encounter in life; as an Integrative Counsellor I adapt the way I work so that together we can develop the most helpful approach to understand the areas of difficulty you are encountering and to find a better way of coping and moving forward.
If you feel counselling is something you would like to consider please contact me to arrange a mutually convenient time for a first session. You can also contact me if you have any questions you would like answered before you make a decision.
During our first session you will have the opportunity to discuss your difficulties and what you feel you want from counselling, in a confidential, non-judgmental place. There is no obligation to continue your counselling, if you feel it is not useful to you at this time.
Counselling can help you address emotional, personal or relationship problems including:
- Lack of confidence.
- Difficulties in expressing feelings.
- Anxiety and panic attacks.
- Divorce and relationship difficulties.
- Domestic violence.
- Understanding your anger.
- Bereavement and other losses.
- Self harm.
- Issues relating to abuse or unhappiness in childhood.
- Physical illness and pain.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I have been a qualified counsellor for the past 12 years after gaining an Advanced Diploma in Professional Integrative Counselling.
As an Integrative Counsellor, my main approach is Person Centred, also encompassing Psychodynamic theory.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
(per session) £40
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays including evenings, weekends upon request.
Types of client