Juna Brookes Counselling/Psychotherapy/Hypnotherapy BACP Accredited
Very often we can find ourselves in a place of frustration, distress emotional pain. I understand that sometimes life can be hard and that you need some help. I have great respect for anyone who can recognise they are struggling and decide to do something about it. Well done!
My style of therapy is a combination of counselling/psychotherapy and hypnosis. I try to help you have a deeper understanding of your thoughts, feelings and behaviour so you can make positive changes, overcome difficulties and feel better.
- Are you experiencing flashbacks, anxiety, panic attacks or been diagnosed with PTSD
- Do you have phobias or fears which would not allow you to live your life for full
- Do you want to get rid of old, negative stuck emotions such as anger, frustration, resentment, jealousy or emotional pain
- Do you find yourself worrying about different things most of the time
- Do you have problems falling or staying asleep
- Are you afraid of not being able to fit in or of people judging you
- Are you feeling depressed and lonely
How about feel instead:
- From anxious to curious.
- From fearful to excited.
- From nervous to calm.
- From overwhelmed to balanced.
- From fearful to not bothered.
- From insecure to confident.
I love my job and like to make a difference in people’s lives.
I am happy to have a 15 minutes chat over the phone prior to booking to see how I can help you.
First step is our initial 1.5 hour session where I would get a picture on what is it you would like to achieve from the therapy, what is it you do /or say to yourself to keep yourself stuck and what specific program and techniques I would use in order to help you to achieve the desired results. I use a very gentle approach to the introduction of hypnosis on the initial session where my clients are in control, knowing that they are in the room with me, safe and secure, and can have a sense of how hypnosis feel to them. Some clients get results after a first session already or they definitely starting to feel the positive changes. For the greater results usually a set of 8 sessions of combined counselling and hypnosis are usually enough for the client to feel strong, stable and confident. But in some challenging cases longer therapy might be required.
Next step would be a commitment of four session payed in advance. Those sessions will include carefully chosen tailored to the needs of my clients. I use rewind therapy (fast PTSD and phobia technique), EFT (emotional Freedom technique), Kinetic Shift technique (working with an energy), OLDpain2GO method (to reduce/remove old chronic pain) and many more.
I also teach my clients self help tools, so they are aware of how to help themselves in challenging situations.
My therapy room located in a beautiful quit area of Horsforth overlooking the garden and a forest.
I have a straight-forward, honest and caring attitude.
When you are in therapy with me you are cared and looked after.
Please read the feedbacks/reviews of my customers here:
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP Accredited) which means you will be working in a safe environment with a qualified therapist.
I hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from Leeds Metropolitan University and Diploma in Hypnotherapy.
Years of practice with my clients has tough me to use integrative work with which means I incorporate different theories or techniques to suit individual needs.
Other training and qualifications
- Fast cure of Phobias Certificate
- PTSD and Trauma cure Certificate
- Rewind technique Certificate
- Working with suicidal clients Certificate
- Play Therapy Certificate
- Bereavement and loss work certificate
- Working with hard to help clients certificate
- Working with LGBT certificate
- Bereavement in LGBT community certificate
- Working in Creative ways certificate
- Conversational Reframing certificate
- CBT with heart certificate
- Working with Clinical Depression certificate
- Safeguarding certificate
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Kinetic Shift
- Old Pain2Go ( removing old chronic pain)
- Working with deep state trance
- Regression in Hypnosis
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
Photos & videos
Fees both for counselling and hypnotherapy. Face to face £80 initial 1.5 hour session . After block booking of 4 - 50 minutes each ( £200 total for 4)
Please email or call me on: 07890 741010
I cooperate with multiple EAP ( employee assistant program) organizations who refer people struggling at work due to grief, stress, panic attacks, chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety and other issues. My task is to provide them with solution focused psychotherapy and hypnotherapy so they can get back to work as soon as possible and in a much better place with the tools they need to help them to manage.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
From 9am to 19.00pm, excluding weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|