I provide person centered therapy for children, adults, and couples, along with coaching and mindfulness/meditation.
I can provide ‘traditional’ talking therapy, or I can work creatively according to the needs of the client, which can sometimes be useful when working with children, young adults or with those who may find talking therapy difficult or challenging. I hope to provide a safe environment where you feel you can explore any issue which might be affecting your life.
Coaching or mentoring with me might inspire you, empower you, help you develop and ultimately lead you to find that greater part of you that you know exists. I love working with people to help them to find ways to live a more meaningful life and I also specialise in leadership and management, stress management and resilience, coming from a management background of about 24 years.
I’ve practised various forms of meditation/mindfulness for over 20 years and worked with individuals and groups including supporting the development and delivering training for other coaches and counsellors. I specialise in working with those who believe they can’t meditate or struggle to relax.
Training, qualifications & experience
- ABC Level 4 Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling
- Institute Line Management Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- I have undertaken various other training/workshops/CPD in areas to cover the services I offer.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£45 per 50 min session
£30 per 50 min session for counselling/psychotherapy students
I am fully committed to working ethically and I undertake supervision and continuing professional development.
Generally I am available to answer calls between 9am and 5pm, if you do call me and I happen to be unavailable to take your call, please do leave a message and I will return to you as soon as I can.
I offer appointments in Beeston, Draycott and Ilkeston.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon - Friday with appointments during the day and early evening
Types of client