Julie Walton - Babcp accredited practitioner
Having worked in the NHS for many years in various areas of mental health services I have gained a wealth of experience. For the past ten years I have been working as a psychotherapist tailoring treatments to client needs.
I am passionate and privileged about working in this area and believe every person is a unique individual with their own life experiences.
Specialist approaches I use are drawn from an eclectic mix of therapies and tailored to the individual and their needs. My main focus in practice is CBT with mindfulness techniques which work towards an acceptance of challenging life circumstances and enabling personal difficulties to be overcome.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered mental health nurse. Epsom Surrey. (1996)
- Advanced diploma in counselling. Leeds university (2003)
- RMN mental health specialist practitioner (Bsc hons) Leeds met university (2006)
- Post graduate diploma advanced practice in cognitive behavioural therapy. Cumbria university (2010)
- mindfulness teacher development course. Taught by Dr Alistair Smith (2011)
- emdr masterclass accredited training (2016)
Areas of counselling I deal with
Initial telephone consultations are free.
£50.00 per hour
My practice is located in the centre of Clitheroe there are easily accessible car parks and on street parking nearby.
My practice is based in Clitheroe however I am unable to see clients from the area due to conflict of interest.
There is, unfortunately, no access for wheelchairs at this time.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
fridays and after 5 on weekdays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|