Julie Sanders RMN, MSc Psychotherapy(TA), CBT Hi/ PGDip,Cl.Supervision PGCert.
I have worked within mental health care for over 30 years in many settings within both the NHS and private practice. My experience has shaped my approach to therapy which is eclectic and individually tailored to each person I work with. This is in both my client and supervision roles. I like working with a wide range of issues and modes of therapy.
I see 16+ age group for
- low self esteem / low confidence
- anxiety (ocd, phobias, panic disorder, worry, health anxiety)
- relationship issues
- anger management
- divorce recovery
- life transitions ( grief, adjustments , redundancy ect)
I also provide clinical supervision for other therapists and professionals.
I currently work within a corporate setting offering workshops to employees regarding wellbeing, anxiety, depression and mental health first aid training .
Training, qualifications & experience
- Clinical Supervision post grad certificate
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy post grad cert/diploma - NHS - High-Intensity Therapist
- Emotional Focused Therapy level 1
- Masters degree -Psychotherapy /Certified Transactional Analyst - Using Eric Bernes model of psychotherapy to provide in depth psychotherapy
- Mental Health Nurse from 1981, working in various areas of mental health care within hospitals and community settings. Working in community based therapy team taking referrals from GP's for medium to longer term therapy.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My current role is within a large organisation providing Wellbeing interventions and educating managers regarding workplace dilemma's around Mental Health.
This includes provision of CBT within Occupational Health setting.
My fees are dependant upon the type of intervention and the time of day when you attend and what service you require.