Julie Rodgers - Counsellor of Individuals & Couples, Supervisor
I trained in Psychodynamic Counselling and I work integratively, using other approaches where appropriate. I am also a Couples Counsellor and Clinical Supervisor.
My main focus will be on providing a safe, empathic and confidential space in which to explore emotional issues that you may be struggling with on your own. These may be relationship difficulties, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, trauma, bereavement or addiction, to name a few.
We can work together to find ways to help you to achieve freedom, contentment and fulfilment.
Issues I have experience of working with are:
- anxiety, panic attacks or phobias
- low self-esteem, lack of self-confidence or identity crisis
- trauma, post-traumatic stress or trying to cope with sudden or major life-changes
- grieving, bereavement and loss
- addiction, obsessive or compulsive behaviours, eating disorders, substance misuse or self-harm
- depression, despair, confusion, feeling empty or stuck and unable to move forward in life
- difficulty in expressing anger, frustration or aggression or of feeling out of control with them
- psychosomatic disorders
- relationships issues – jealousy, loneliness, rejection, problems in forming or maintaining relationships, emotional dependency or intimacy difficulties
- issues relating to childhood
- sexuality and gender issues
- disability, illness or health concerns.
I can help you to achieve:
- greater self-confidence
- self-esteem and self-awareness
- personal growth or development
- greater ability to deal with difficult and complex situations
- emotional understanding of oneself and others
- improvements in one’s relationships
- greater capacity for communication
- conflict resolution
- clarification of thoughts and mixed feelings
- increased motivation.
I welcome you to give me a call on: 07971 402909 or click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling from Brighton University and have completed additional training in Clinical Supervision, Couples Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Addiction Counselling.
I am fully Accredited with the BACP. I specialise in working with depression, anxiety and childhood abuse and trauma.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
Individual Counselling - £45
Couple Counselling - £60
I am an accredited member with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have plenty of daytime availability but limited availability during the evenings.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am a qualified supervisor, offering clinical supervision to both individuals and groups.View supervision profile