07515 855123 / 07515 855123
Talking about personal things which are private and upsetting can be immensely difficult. My training enables me to help you share whatever troubles you are experiencing, even when they are 'unformed' and you feel that you don't have the right words.
I am a counsellor and a supervisor and have experience with
- couples counselling, relationship issues for individuals and couples
- anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, trauma and OCD
- anger and how to manage your behaviour, dealing with conflict, assertiveness
- sexual offending (at risk of sexual offending as well as already offended)
- porn addiction (legal and illegal)
- partners and families of sexual offenders or porn/sex addiction
- managing stress in work and home settings
- interpersonal difficulties, improving communication
- depression, self harm, suicidal feelings
- bereavement, loss and grief
Training, qualifications & experience
FdA (Commendation) in Humanistic Counselling [Accredited by BACP]
Advanced Couples Counselling [approved by COSRT]
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Level 4 qualification
Professional Certificate in Therapeutic Practice with Sex Offenders
Treatment Interventions for those at risk of Sexual Offending
Counselling Supervision Level 7 Distinction (NCS Accredited)
"Approved Adoption Counsellor" with Barnado's South East
Training course in Adoption Counselling with LINK
Course in Trauma and Phobia
Certificate in Counselling Skills
Certificate in Counselling Studies
Certificate in Participative Training Techniques
I have a Doctorate in Microbiology (PhD) and a Masters in Business Administration (Distinction).
Clients, especially those in professional or business positions may find this background enhances their experience of counselling.
Registered Member of BACP
Lucy Faithfull Foundation - Sessional Group Facilitator (Internet Offenders)
StopSO - therapist, supervisor and trainer
Samaritans - Voluntary roles as Chair of Farnborough & District Branch; Regional Trainer for the South Region; Schools Officer for Outreach activities including emotional health workshops.
Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice - Counselling Supervisor (groups)
Prior to opening my Independent Private Practice I worked in People Management and Training roles for over 20 years.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Childhood bereavement
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Internet Offending - I run workshops for partners and families of porn addicts and internet sex offenders (accused or convicted of viewing illegal images).These are limited to 4-6 people and offer you a place
- to learn about and begin to understand the 'why' of your loved ones behaviour.
- to examine typical offence pathways
- to explore painful issues
- to discuss ways forward
- to discuss elements of the criminal justice system
The workshop is run for 2 hours once a week over 4 weeks and costs £150 per person
Please call me to find out more and/or put your name on my waiting list.
[* individual addicts or offenders will be offered therapy on a 1:1 basis never as a group]
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Photos & videos
Price for counselling sessions (9:00-4:30 Mon-Fri) is £55 for individuals and £65 for couples and I offer a full hour. This compares to a typical counselling session of 50 minutes.
There is a £5 surcharge from 5:00 pm
Price for Supervision is £55 for 60 minutes and £80 for 90 minutes.
In addition to face to face counselling I can provide a service via Skype video or telephone. My fees are the same.
Concessions are available where there is a genuine financial need.
Please contact me by phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). I will also respond to texts.
My counselling room is quiet and private. There is free off-road parking.
For buses please check the latest timetable:-
For my Church Crookham therapy room the Fleet Bus number 10 and there is a stop at the end of the road.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Church Crookham [GU52] - Monday to Friday 08:00 - 19:00:
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a qualified supervisor (NCS accredited Level 7 Distinction).