Julie Jones BSc (Hons) Counselling Registered Member MBACP
We all need a helping hand from time to time and there are times in life when we just can't seem to sort out the jigsaw. Talking to a trained and experienced Counsellor, who is impartial and unbiased, can give you the space you need to find a way forward. Sometimes life gets too much and you can find yourself feeling confused, anxious, angry, depressed or lost and this can feel bewildering and lonely.
I graduated from the University of South Wales, Family Institute with a BSc Honours Degree in Counselling (First). I am experienced in counselling practice with both adults and children aged 4 years above.
What is Counselling?
Counselling can and may take many different formats to bring to a person a better understanding of themselves and others.
It's about helping and supporting a person to find an understanding and maybe an answer to what works for them. Some people usually find counselling very liberating and an empowering experience; that is not to say that they do not feel nervous or daunted when first approaching a counsellor, they do, however, a counsellor offers a supportive and positive approach to personal development and this process and feeling afterwards are usually very positive and beneficial.
How I Work
My aim is to work in a Person Centred way, that is, a non-directive way to provide a space where you can feel non-judged, supported and understood, deepening your awareness of your unique patterns of feeling, thinking and behaviour. This process of gaining insight and greater self-compassion offers the potential for you to make informed choices and experience your personal and professional life as more fulfilling. I am an empathic and insightful counsellor providing down-to-earth therapy to help you make the changes you want. Each session will last 50 minutes and what you wish to discuss is entirely up to you. I will help you to make your own decisions and to take more control over your life.
Where I work
I work from Bridgend at Oak Tree Surgery in Brackla.
So if you are facing a crisis or a period of change in your life, then maybe counselling could help you.
I am a registered Counsellor with the British Association of Counselling Practice (BACP) www.bapca.org.uk/and I am ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) trained.
I am currently offering a private counselling service to both adults and children on either an open ended basis or for an agreed period of time.
Each session will last for 50 minutes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 8 years Counselling Practice both Adults and Children
- BSc (Hons) Degree Counselling (First Class)
- Principles of Clinical Supervision and Consultation Practice
- Counselling Studies and Theory (SEWAC)
- PODS (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors) - Working With Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice.
- PODS - Dealing with Distress: Working with Suicide and Self Harm
- PODS - Mental Health and the Body - Treating Trauma
- PODS - Working with Shame
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
- Working with Depression
- Working with Trauma, Abuse and Dissociation
- Self Harm Training amongst young BME people
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Children’s Emotional Well Being
- Helping Children Tell Their Stories
- Law and the Private Practice
- Working with Difference and Diversity
- Treasures in the Darkness - Growth through the harder times and making sense of some of our suffering
- Issues of Sexuality and Addictions
- 8 week Mindfulness Practice
- Level III Certificate in Working with Anger Management
- Suicide Talk
- Couples Counselling
- BACP Working with Trauma in the Body and the Mind
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Individuals - £40 per session
Couple's Counselling - £65 per 90 minute session
Family Therapy - This can be negotiated, please enquire, this service may also be facilitated with a fellow experienced colleague.
Counsellors in Training - looking for your compulsory 10 hours personal therapy or more - please enquire
Some Concessions available - please enquire
Payment: Cash on the day or Electronic Transfer 24 hours before session date
I do not charge a cancellation fee provided 48 hours notice is given.
I accept referrals from GP's, Occupational Health Specialists and other Professionals.
I also accept EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) Referrals.
I am a tutor on a Level 4 / 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Where I am
Oak Tree Surgery, Brackla, Bridgend. There is ample free parking, disabled access and a shopping precinct just a short walk away.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 am. Last session available is 4.45 pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Supervision is a professional development and often a personal development applied in an ethical way to serve to protect the qualified and unqualified counsellor.View supervision profile