Julie Davies MNCS (Acc) Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Life can sometimes seem overwhelming with events challenging our relationships with others and ourselves.Trying to cope can lead to; patterns of unhelpful behaviour, stress, lack of motivation, sadness, feeling isolated and ignoring feelings of your own.This can soon become the norm.
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society and my work life prior to this includes over 20 years working within the NHS. During this time I have gained a deeper understanding of how poor emotional health and a feeling of 'losing your way in life' can have a significant negative effect on your general well being.
I offer Integrative therapy at MaVie Counselling to help you gain a better understanding of yourself which in turn can help you to better understand others.This means that I may use one or more approaches in order to offer the therapy best suited to you. I understand that everyone has different needs, experiences and expectations from the counselling process. This is done in a welcoming, confidential and safe environment.
Drop me an e-mail at: MaVie.Counselling@gmail.com or contact me on: 07763781225 We can discuss setting up the initial session and your hopes from counselling.
“Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters”.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Currently counselling at Porthcawl Counselling Services.
- Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling
- Assist training certificate (Suicide prevention)
- Bereavement training in Grief with Vulnerable Adults and Military Families and Personnel
- Further training in Mindfulness for Anxiety and Depression.
- Over 6 years experience working with Eating Disorders support.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- £40 per session, with some sessions available early evening.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Some Welsh and French|
I am now able to offer some sessions in Cowbridge on Monday evening and Wednesday morning, as well as working from Porthcawl
Types of client