Julie Chivers MBACP
The West Street Counselling And Psychotherapy Centre
11 West Street
01329 827121 / 07508353512
* I am an experienced, qualified counsellor, and working with you I can help find relief from emotional or psychological difficulties. I firmly beleive there is something priceless about achieving peace of mind, and contentment in our own skin.
* My approach is to support you and work with you in a safe and non judgemental environment. If you are experiencing difficulties in such areas as low self esteem, relationships, depression, anxiety, bereavement, loss, or lifecycle changes (becoming parent, empty nest, retirement) please contact me I would like to help you.
* I have recently undertaken some training and support a number of transgender clients. This maybe working through transgender issues or life issues irrelevant to their experience of gender identification. I also support family and friends of trans-identified people. As supportive as family may be, this issue brings a change to their lives too, and some independent help can be very useful. If this sounds like you, please contact me, I would like to help you.
* You may know the cause of any particular feelings you are experiencing, but you may not. In any event, over time counselling can release the pressure of these distressing feelings and provide space to think, understand, gain control and consider options for change. If this sounds like you, please contact me, I would like to help you.
* I also work for the Queen Alexandra hospital, and am part of the staff counselling team there. I am a member of the Major Incident Response (counselling) Team at the hospital. I have in the past, worked with the British Dyslexia Association, Shaw Trust, Remploy, and Solent Mind to name a few.
I offer a quiet space in a central Fareham location, where we can build a relationship in a quiet, comfortable and confidential environment. Between us we can uncover the meaning behind these feelings, behaviours or stressors, and so provide relief to move on. It can take alot of courage to take this step, let me help you take the ones to follow.
There is a bus and train service and ample parking nearby. There is also a waiting room for your comfort and convenience. Please note the practice is on the first floor with stairs.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and work to their ethical framework of practice.
I have been in counselling for over 11 years.
Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
Time Limited Therapy
Separation and Divorce
Working with Gender Identity
Working with Partners and Relatives of Trans-Identified People
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Humanistic therapies
£45.00 per 50 minute session.
No charge for initial consultation.
Weekly, bi-weekly and monthly appointments available.
The initial consultation is an assessment session, which is an oppotunity for us to explore what has brought you to counselling and your expectations of the process. We ascertain whether counselling is an appropriate intervention and check out if we are comfortable working together.
The initial consultation is offered free of charge, to allow you to put a toe in the water, ask any questions and see if it feels right for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|