WHAT TO EXPECT
Deciding to see a counsellor and talk openly about yourself, can be a daunting and scary thought.
Our counselling sessions will provide a safe, confidential and non-judgemental time, to enable you to listen to your own needs and develop a belief in your own sense of being. All at your own pace and in your own time. Therapy is tailored to your needs and will focus on helping to clarify and manage emotions and thoughts that may seem overwhelming to you.
In our first session, we will cover what brings you to counselling and discuss any hopes or expectations you may have. Our first meeting also gives you the opportunity to decide whether I am the right counsellor for you.
WHY AM I A COUNSELLOR
My first experience of counselling was as a client. I sought help from a therapist & can honestly say that counselling helped change my outlook on life and inner wellbeing.
My new found belief in the therapeutic process, motivated me to train as a counsellor, leaving my previous career & life choices behind. This learning showed me to have faith in that which exists within.
MY TRAINING & APPROACH
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (CBT), Person-centred and Psychodynamic counselling approaches. I offer a compassionate and relational psychological therapy service.
As my approach to counselling is relational, I believe that many of life’s issues arise from experiences of past significant relationships. The therapy I offer will create an understanding and accepting therapeutic relationship, enabling you to drop the mask and honestly explore your thoughts, feelings and patterns of behaviour, empowering you to move past life’s painful & challenging issues.
Think differently, feel differently, do differently.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Accredited Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Cruse Bereavement Care Awareness in Bereavement Care: The Foundation Course
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) - Registration number 786615
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Sudden and Traumatic Death/Bereavement by Suicide
- The Psychopathology of Obesity and Therapeutic Working with the Overweight Patient.
- Understanding Bariatric Surgery
- Psychological Assessments/MDT Assessments
- Facilitating Psycho-educational Groups
- Psychological Well-being Training/Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
As well as my Private Practice, I am a Consultant Counsellor and Psycho-Educational Group Facilitator for a NHS Tier 3 Weight Management Provider. I have received specialist training to work with Patients with a high BMI and have an understanding of weight loss surgery.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Separation and Divorce
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Fees for 50 minute counselling sessions: Individuals - £40.00
Reduced fees for student counsellors, please ask.
Kings Hill Room
Easily accessible from motorway network
Ample free parking
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|