Julie Barrass Adv. Dip. Registered MBACP
Counselling can provide a confidential relationship we may not have experienced before based on trust and non-judgment where we can feel heard and accepted.
Maybe you can't wait to tell a counsellor what you are struggling with or feel you don't know where to start or how you feel.
When faced with life’s challenges and changes we may experience distressing feelings including anxiety, panic, stress, depression, confusion and hopelessness. These feelings can overwhelm us and leave us struggling to cope.
Exploring our experiences, beliefs and feelings with an empathic, person centred, supportive listener can help us feel understood and empowered to find our own ways of coping. We can rediscover our own self esteem, self awareness and clarity, learn to trust our own instinct and realise we may have choices. This can help us move forward in our own way.
We can lose sight of ourselves through learning to please others and denying our own experience and feelings, in our personal lives, at work and in society. This can compromise our sense of self and our mental and physical health. We can be left confused as to who we are.
I chose to train as an integrative counsellor learning different theoretical approaches as I believe no one theory fits all... we are all unique human beings as we have all had different experiences through our lives.
As a qualified, insured and registered counsellor I offer a safe and welcoming space to create a therapeutic relationship with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am currently a counsellor for a local counselling charity
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Therapy
- UKATA Transactional Analysis 101 Certificate
- Carers Support West Sussex: Volunteer Counsellor
- Carers Support West Sussex: Volunteer Telephone Emotional Support for Carers
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- DBS checked and professionally insured.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Registered number 344936
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My fees for individual counselling are £40 for a weekly session.
Please contact me for details of concessionary rates if required.
I can usually accommodate flexible sessions for shift workers.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening
Types of client