BACP Accredited Counsellor. ONLINE across UK
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hello, thank you for checking out my page entry.
I am an experienced, white cis-gender female. I am an anti-racist. I work to a code of ethics set out by BACP https://www.bacp.co.uk/events-and-resources/ethics-and-standards/ethical-framework-for-the-counselling-professions/
I am a BACP accredited therapist - Registered MBACP (Accred).
I qualified in 1993 and I love my job. That's 29 years!
I'm a warm, friendly, and highly experienced therapist offering mainly online sessions around the UK.
Today’s hectic world can weigh us down with stresses, strains and anxiety – whether it’s family issues, workplace difficulties or ill-health, it can often be hard to cope.You may have seen your GP who has told you that you have generalised anxiety disorder, or you may be totally fed up with yourself. I enable people of all ages to get through those tough times, and equip them to face and effectively manage those issues in the future too.
I believe that everyone can benefit from a session of counselling.
Please feel free to email me, to set up a quick chat or assessment session. This way, we can have a quick chat (15 mins) and see if counselling might help.
Heres some info about my education.
- Integrative Counselling Diploma
- I trained at the Gestalt Centre (Post-Graduate Certificate Gestalt Psychotherapy Theory)
- Masters in Psychodynamic Counselling at Goldsmiths University
- Integrative Clinical Supervision Certificate at Regent’s University London
- Face to face counselling in Hither Green SE12 and ONLINE
- ‘Walking therapy’ local parks
- Supervision -individual & group work
- Freelance training at City Lit offering day workshops on ‘Introduction to Gestalt Counselling’
- Facilitating therapeutic Personal Development Diploma groups.
- I teach Certificate in Humanistic Counselling Skills at the Gestalt Centre-London https://gestaltcentre.org.uk/course/gestalt-counselling-programme/certificate-in-humanistic-counselling-skills/
I work with all people dealing with all kinds of areas such as: high achievers, burn-out, bereavement, trauma, parenting, relationships, difference, entrepreneura; plus ongoing personal development.
Please feel free to contact me vi email if you would like any further details.
Training, qualifications & experience
Here's some of my training & more recent examples of my continual professional development (CPD).
The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) require a certain number of hours per year for training and awareness raising. I regularly exceed this.
My role is as an individual counsellor/ therapist/ supervisor/ trainer and a personal development facilitator.
- Diploma in Counselling (AEB) CSCT 1993
- Introduction to Sex Therapy Birkbeck College 1995
- Certificate in Sports Psychology Birkbeck College 1995
- Post Graduate Certificate in Gestalt Psychotherapy Theory Studies The Gestalt Centre 1998
- Masters in Psychodynamic Counselling Goldsmiths University of London 2011
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision Regents University London 2013
- Group Facilitation Course - City Lit Institute 2011
- Conflict, Challenge and Confrontation in Groups The Gestalt Centre 2014
- Developing Effective Group Facilitation - The Gestalt Centre 2015
- Group Facilitation Training Intensive - The Gestalt Centre 2016
- Walking Therapy around local park areas to South East London.
- Working with Trauma
- Trauma and EMDR
- Trauma and the Therapeutic Relationship
- Trainer Forum for the Black and Asian Therapy network
- Narcissists and Their Children: Made Not Born.
- Understanding and recognising sex addiction – BACP
- The Impact of Personal Loss on Psychotherapy and Counselling with the Bereaved.
- Understanding Motivation & How People Change, an Introduction to Motivational Interviewing (2 day)
- Intergenerational Trauma Conference
- Delivering Excellence/Transforming for the Future
- Introduction to Coaching
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- Working with Critical Incidents
- Dyslexia Awareness
- Managing Difficult Situations in the Classroom
- Working with Identity and Difference
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Walking Therapy - 'walk and talk', its an amazing new idea to take counselling out of the counselling room. Allowing you to walk and be outside whilst talking about how you are feeling.
I am available to run groups to work with any issues you may be having, for example not communicating within your team.
I offer supervision to counsellors, therapists and anyone who works within the helping professions.
£80.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
All sessions with me are currently online or face-to-face at my home practice in SE12 0UA, Hither Green.
I am happy to offer an initial chat for 15 minutes which is free.
Any other sessions are chargeable.
An assessment is the first thing to do, this lasts 1 hour and costs £80.00 (or a price dependent on your income)
Please have a chat with me before our assessment session, if you are looking for any concessionary rates.
After the initial assessment we can discuss sessions going forward. I advise weekly sessions.
Each session costs £80 per 50 minute appointment.
Hither Green - online & have just started seeing clients face-to-face in South East London
I can offer low cost therapy.
I allocate a percentage of my caseload so that therapy is accessible to all. Please check with me, to see if I have any low cost spaces available . These are most likely available in ‘off peak’ hours ie mid morning or mid-afternoon.
I am very happy to discuss this- please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
When I work
I work Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Please always contact me though, as times can sometimes change.
I teach every Friday
Please feel free to check my website which is www.citycounsel.co.uk or give me a call 07986589689
- I feel it is important for me to say that I work in an ethical way, that means confidential, my work is regularly assessed to make sure that I am working appropriately.
- As a person, I am open minded in-fact fairly unshockable.
- I love my job and I am always interested in how I can best support you psychologically.
- Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, there's never a silly question in my book.