Julie Andrews - BACP Accredited Counsellor
Hello, thank you for checking out my page entry.
I am an experienced BACP accredited therapist - Registered MBACP (Accred).
I qualified in 1993 and I love my job. That's 25 years!
I'm a warm, friendly, and highly experienced therapist in and around London. Today’s hectic world can weigh us down with stresses, strains and anxiety – whether it’s family issues, workplace difficulties or ill-health, it can often be hard to cope.You may have seen your GP who has told you that you have generalised anxiety disorder, or you may be totally fed up with yourself. I enable people of all ages to get through those tough times, and equip them to face and effectively manage those issues in the future too.
I believe that everyone can benefit from a session of counselling.
Please feel free to give me a call, this way we can have a quick chat and see if counselling might help.
Heres some info about my education.
- Integrative Counselling Diploma
- I trained at the Gestalt Centre (Post-Graduate Certificate Gestalt Psychotherapy Theory)
- Masters in Psychodynamic Counselling at Goldsmiths University
- Integrative Clinical Supervision Certificate at Regent’s University London
- Face to face counselling in London- Shoreditch EC2 and Hither Green SE12
- ‘Walking therapy’ local parks
- Supervision -individual & group work
- Freelance training at City Lit offering day workshops on ‘Introduction to Gestalt Counselling’
- Facilitating therapeutic Personal Development Diploma groups.
I work with lots of different people dealing with all kinds of areas such as: high achievers, burn-out, bereavement, trauma, parenting, relationships, entrapreuners; plus ongoing personal development.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like any further details.
Training, qualifications & experience
Here's some of my training & more recent examples of my continual professional development (CPD).
The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) require a certain number of hours per year for training and awareness raising. I regularly exceed this.
My role is as an individual counsellor/ therapist/ supervisor/ trainer and a personal development facilitator.
- Diploma in Counselling (AEB) CSCT 1993
- Introduction to Sex Therapy Birkbeck College 1995
- Certificate in Sports Psychology Birkbeck College 1995
- Post Graduate Certificate in Gestalt Psychotherapy Theory Studies The Gestalt Centre 1998
- Masters in Psychodynamic Counselling Goldsmiths University of London 2011
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision Regents University London 2013
- Group Facilitation Course - City Lit Institute 2011
- Conflict, Challenge and Confrontation in Groups The Gestalt Centre 2014
- Developing Effective Group Facilitation - The Gestalt Centre 2015
- Group Facilitation Training Intensive - The Gestalt Centre 2016
- Walking Therapy around local park areas to South East London.
- Working with Trauma
- Trauma and EMDR
- Trauma and the Therapeutic Relationship
- Trainer Forum for the Black and Asian Therapy network
- Narcissists and Their Children: Made Not Born.
- Understanding and recognising sex addiction – BACP
- The Impact of Personal Loss on Psychotherapy and Counselling with the Bereaved.
- Understanding Motivation & How People Change, an Introduction to Motivational Interviewing (2 day)
- Intergenerational Trauma Conference
- Delivering Excellence/Transforming for the Future
- Introduction to Coaching
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- Working with Critical Incidents
- Dyslexia Awareness
- Managing Difficult Situations in the Classroom
- Working with Identity and Difference
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Walking Therapy - 'walk and talk', its an amazing new idea to take counselling out of the counselling room. Allowing you to walk and be outside whilst talking about how you are feeling.
I am available to run groups to work with any issues you may be having, for example not communicating within your team.
I offer supervision to counsellors, therapists and anyone who works within the helping professions.
Photos & videos
An assessment is the first thing to do, this lasts an hour price dependent on your income.
After this session, we can discuss fees, they range from £55 - £80 depending on location.
Hither Green (home practice)
I can offer a student discount or low cost therapy, most likely at my home practice- please check for availability
I am very happy to discuss this - please give me a call 07986589689
Please feel free to check my website which is www.citycounsel.co.uk or give me a call 07986589689
- I feel it is important for me to say that I work in an ethical way, that means confidential, my work is regularly assessed to make sure that I am working appropriately.
- As a person, I am open minded in-fact fairly unshockable.
- I love my job and I am always interested in how I can best support you psychologically.
- Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, there's never a silly question in my book.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday 4pm- 9pm Thursday 8am- 2pm Friday 3pm- 7pm in Shoreditch. Wednesdays in SE12. Please always contact me though, as times can always change.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Supervision up until recently has been solely for counsellors/therapists .