Julia Sixsmith. Grad. Dip. Counselling. Dip. CBT. Dip. Hypnotherapy.
I have been a qualified Counsellor for 20 years and have engaged in thousands of Counselling sessions.
In that time, I have encountered all kinds of human difficulty, and have always done my utmost to help.
I offer genuine warmth and empathy and aim to create trust between us where you can feel safe enough to take the mask off, and not be judged.
What I can help with - Anxiety, depression, loss of all kinds, low self-esteem, self-harm and relationship issues. Health related matters and all kinds of pregnancy related problems.
If life feels like it's a muddle and you don't know where to turn, and you want to talk it over with someone who is truly listening, I'll help you all I can.
Having worked in a Palliative Care setting with patients and their families, I understand the difficult journey everyone is on and I will support you at this time.
Bereavement brings its own unique set of feelings which can be very bewildering. Do you need help to come to terms with the death of someone?
I have been a Counsellor in High and feel passionately about helping young people navigate their teenage years.
Types of therapy I offer - Person Centred, Integrative, Cognitive, Neuro Linguistic Programming and solution focussed therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have a Nursing background.
- I studied Counselling at the University of Central Lancashire to Graduate Diploma level.
- Since then - Diploma in Bereavement Counselling with CRUSE
- Diploma in Hypno-psychotherapy - Salford College
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Salford College
- Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic-Programming INLPTA
- I have worked in various Counselling settings such as GP surgery, Obstetrics/gynecology & assisted conception unit, high school, Hospice with patients & families and into bereavement. General Counselling service.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
£35 per session - concessions are possible after discussion.
I have a very comfortable environment for you to be in, where you can feel safe and relaxed.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer flexible day time appointments, some evenings and Saturdays .
Types of client
Supervision & training
From October 2019 I shall be training to be a Counselling Supervisor at the University of Central Lancashire. .View supervision profile