Julia Robson MBACP FDA Humanistic Couns. Dip. Couns. Cert. Relationship Therapy
Deciding to embark on counselling can feel really daunting and I believe finding a counsellor you feel comfortable with is important.
I aim to create an environment where you feel safe and supported so that you can, at your own pace, explore your current situation more fully and the choices open to you.
People seek counselling for all sorts of reasons and every person and their situation is unique. You may be experiencing a general sense of dissatisfaction with life or be struggling with other difficult emotions, like anxiety. It could be that something has happened recently or in the past, which is troubling you. Often when we feel troubled within ourselves, our relationships with others may also be affected.
In my experience many people find being listened to and truly understood, without fear of being judged, hugely beneficial. I would hope that you might begin to see your situation from a whole new perspective or be surprised to discover strengths and resources you didn't know you had.
I offer both short and longer term work, drawing on a range of theoretical perspectives, tailoring the work specifically to you and your situation. I tend to encourage your feedback so you are actively involved in shaping your therapy.
My work is fully insured and supervised in accordance with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy’s ethical framework.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Relationship Therapy (fcrs) - 2018
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling (Bath Spa University) - 2014
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB) - 2014
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB) - 2013
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Awareness in Bereavement Care - 2012
- Level 2&3 Certs in Counselling Skills & Studies - 2011
During my training I had placements with both Revival-Wiltshire RASAC, a local Rape & Sexual Abuse Centre and Bath Branch of Cruse Bereavement Care, where I continued to volunteer post qualifying. I was with Relate Mid-Wiltshire from 2017 to 2019, with a focus on couples and relationship issues.
I undertake regular training as part of my continued professional development and in line with BACP registration.
Other training includes:
- Domestic Violence and Abuse Awareness and Safety
- Mental Health Awareness
- Suicidal Risk and Support
- Autism Awareness
- Emotionally Focussed Therapy (online)
- Understanding Anxiety, Depression and CBT (online)
- Working with Adult Survivors of Rape or Child Sexual Abuse
- Legal Issues in Counselling Survivors of Rape and Sexual Abuse
- Counselling People who Self Injure
- Sand-play / Sand-tray Therapy
- Drug and Alcohol Related Bereavement
- Suicide & Family Loss
- Addiction & Bereavement, Groups & Empowerment
- Trauma and Trauma Focused CBT
- Substance Misuse and Bereavement
- Anxiety (Human Givens Perspective)
Areas of counselling I deal with
Per 50 minute Session:
Over 18's only
Individuals - £45
Couples - £50
Initial Appointment of up to 50 minutes - £25 (This allows us to meet and decide if we feel comfortable working together. There is no obligation on either side to continue.)
I offer a limited number of concessionary-rate spaces - please ask if you think you may qualify for these.
Please phone 07732 492676 or email me on the link above.
(If you leave a message stating a convenient time to call you back, I will, where possible, call you then, otherwise usually within 24 hours.)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work from accessible premises, with free parking, near Corsham town centre and close to local bus routes.
Types of client