Julia Robson MBACP
Please note due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, I have temporarily suspended face to face counselling sessions and instead, I am offering online video sessions.
Deciding to embark on counselling can feel really daunting and I believe finding a counsellor you feel comfortable with is important.
I aim to create an environment where you feel safe and supported so that you can, at your own pace, explore your current situation more fully and the choices open to you.
People seek counselling for all sorts of reasons and every person and their situation is unique. You may be experiencing a general sense of dissatisfaction with life or be struggling with other difficult emotions, like anxiety. It could be that something has happened recently or in the past, which is troubling you. Often when we feel troubled within ourselves, our relationships with others may also be affected.
In my experience many people find being listened to and truly understood, without fear of being judged, hugely beneficial. I would hope that you might begin to see your situation from a whole new perspective or be surprised to discover strengths and resources you didn't know you had.
I offer both short and longer term work, drawing on a range of theoretical perspectives, tailoring the work specifically to you and your situation. I tend to encourage your feedback so you are actively involved in shaping your therapy.
My work is fully insured and supervised in accordance with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy’s ethical framework.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Relationship Therapy (fcrs)
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling (Bath Spa University)
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Level 2&3 Certs in Counselling Skills & Studies
- Private Practice
- Couples and Individual Adult Counsellor at National Relationships Charity
- Counsellor at National Bereavement Charity
- Counsellor at Local Rape and Sexual Abuse Organisation
I undertake regular training as part of my continued professional development and in line with BACP registration
Areas of counselling I deal with
All counselling is for over 18's only
Individuals - £45 per hour
Couples - £60 per hour
Face to Face Counselling (Currently unavailable)
Individuals - £45
Couples - £60
I offer a limited number of concessionary-rate spaces - please ask for details.
Please phone 07732 492676 or email me on the link above.
(If you leave a message stating a convenient time to call you back, I will, where possible, call you then, otherwise usually within 24 hours.)
- I offer concessions for low income groups
- I offer concessions for key workers
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||No|
Types of client