Julia Cox Registered MBACP. Counsellor & Mindfulness Practitioner
Choosing a suitable counsellor is a big decision; it is therefore important to find a therapist you feel able to talk openly with. I am an experienced and qualified counsellor offering one to one counselling with a caring, confidential, non judgemental approach.
My training is accredited by the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) of which I am a member. I adhere to their code of ethics and have regular supervision to ensure safe practice is maintained.
My role as a counsellor and commitment to continual professional development is something I am passionate about. I have gained experience of supporting adults and young people with a variety of issues in my role as a Private Practitioner and as a volunteer counsellor working for Place2be, CASY (Counselling for children and young adults) ISAS (Incest and sexual abuse survivors) and CRUSE Bereavement Care.
I am a qualified trainer and hold a Professional Qualification In The Therapeutic Use Of Mindfulness.
I use an integrative approach where the foundations of my work lie in Person-centred counselling. Therefore the work we do together will be led by you and your unique requirements.
Individual 1-1 Mindfulness sessions available £40 per 60 minute session
8 Week Mindfulness Course (Two and a half hours each session)
Would you like to:
Reduce Stress & Anxiety
Improve Health & Wellbeing
Manage Reactions or Responses
Improve Mood, Sleep, Health & Resilience
Gain Clarity & Concentration
Become More Self Aware
Be More Centerd
Be More Emotionally Intelligent
See The Bigger Picture
Mindfulness involves both formal & informal practice. The formal practice requires giving yourself the gift of approximately 30 minutes each day to do some form of meditation. Initial meditation practice will last 5 minutes which will guide you gently into the art of Mindfulness.
However this leaves another twenty three and a half hours in the day and this is where the informal Mindfulness occurs as you draw on all your senses.
You are not your thoughts or opinions, your likes or dislikes. Once you are aware of them you no longer have to be imprisoned by them.
We all have the ability to change our brains for the better.
Scientific Research indicates that with regular Mindfulness Practice there can be many physical & psychological improvements for:
Chronic Pain, Anxiety, Worry, Depression, Substance Abuse, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Insomnia, Regulation of Blood Pressure, Self Esteem, Relationships, Sleep, General Enjoyment of Life.
Starts Wednesday 4th March
5.30pm - 8pm at YouNique Wellbeing Studios, Windmill Drive, Bexhill,
8 Week Course including materials - £110 ( 20hrs = £5.50 per hour personal investment)
Non refundable deposit required upon booking
For further information or to book a place contact Julia Cox 07470 023 617 or Juliacox1@hotmail.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Domestic Violence Awareness Training
- Supporting children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Cruse Bereavement
- PODS Living with Dissociation (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors)
- Understanding and Working effectively with GAD (Generalised Anxiety Dissorder) in Low Intensity CBT
- Attachment & Loss
- ASIST (Applied suicide intervention skills trained)
- ISAS (Incest and Sexual Abuse Survivors)
- Professional Qualification In The Therapeutic Use Of Mindfulness. ( British Mindfulness Institute)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Programme
- Self Harm & Working with Self Harm Certificate
- Promoting Positive Body Image
- Short Child and Adolescent Mental Health Programme (SCAMHP)
- Introductory Transactional Analysis 101
- Cruse Supervision Training Course
- Award in Education and Training
- Certificate in Behaviour Change Tactics ( UK Coaching)
- I have an enhanced DBS certificate
- I have written and delivered training packages based on Bereavement and Suicide
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Each session will last 60 minutes. The frequency of the sessions will be agreed by the two of us. You are free to end the sessions at any time.
£40 per 60 minute session.
£35 for each 60 minute session for Counselling Students requiring therapy for their training and self development
I offer an initial 30 minute consultation at a cost of £15 where you can ask questions, talk about your hopes, fears and expectations about counselling and decide if I am the right counsellor for you.
Please note all all payment must be by cheque or cash Payable on the day.
The sessions take place in a warm confidential setting within the YouNique Wellness Centre.
To get in touch, you can either telephone, email or text me and I will respond as soon as possible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client