Jules Prentice (PGDip, MCOSRT MBACP) Relationship & Sex Therapy, Supervisor
I offer relationship and psychosexual support for couples experiencing difficulties in their relationship. Sometimes, having another perspective on your problems can highlight new ways in tackling what are often old problems.
Regardless of age, class, gender or sexual preference, people look for counselling for many reasons and each person's problem is different. I fully respect that each person or couple will approach seeking help in their own way. Depending on your personal experience I will tailor my support to meet your needs, not the other way around.
Looking for a counsellor can be a daunting experience. However, it can also be a really positive one.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PhD Research Student - University of Chester 2016-Present
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGDip) in Psychosexual Therapy
- University Advanced Diploma (Adv Dip) in Couples Counselling
- CPCAB Level 6 Supervision (Due to complete 2019)
- Digital Counselling (Webcam, telephone, instant messaging)
- Mental Health & Couple Counselling
- Domestic Violence & Abuse (DVA)
- Working with Adult Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- Tight Ropes & Safety Nets: Counselling Suicidal Clients
- Prostate Cancer
- Domestic Violence in the LGBT communities
- The Stress Experience of Soldiers' Wives
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Counselling - 1 hour £50.00
Block-booking Counselling - 6 x 1 hour £250.00
Supervision - per hour £50.00