Judith Phillips MBACP (Accred) Supervisor Counsellor EMDR Psychotherapist NG24
Friary Business Centre
18 Friary Road
01636 922658 firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to my professional profile and I hope that you will find within it some help to decide if my work experience and methods of working with people may be what you are looking for.
I am a highly experienced counsellor, working in the field of psychological therapy as a counsellor and psychotherapist since qualifying in 1998.
I work with clients using an integrative model, including therapies such as Rational Emotive Brief Therapy (REBT), Solution Focused Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Reality Therapy.
I will work with you according to your goals, in a compassionate yet directive way.
Subsequent to my stringent practical and academic counselling training with the Hazelden Foundation, a USA organisation specialising in addiction therapy and family systems, I began my counselling career working in the private sector with individuals and families.
Within Priory Hospitals I worked as a Senior Therapist and Treatment Coordinator, both with groups, providing Group Therapy to patients and families and with individuals 1:1.
Psychological Education and delivery of educational lectures on a variety of topics, in particular, related to family systems, addictive behaviour, meditation and mindfulness, has been a large component of my work with people.
I then worked within Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs), as a counsellor and local liaison manager, clinically with clients 1:1 and managerially, managing supervisory aspects and the liaison between the EAP and the organisation for which the counselling was being provided.
A large component of my work has involved provision of psychological debriefing in the aftermath of traumatic incidents.
I achieved British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Accreditation, becoming a BACP Accredited counsellor.
I continue my counselling career within the public sector, in Healthcare within the NHS, providing and overseeing the provision of counselling in workplaces, working psychotherapeutically helping people to overcome trauma and a wide range of multi faceted presenting issues.
Since my original training, I have 20 years of significant, robust, clinical therapeutic working practice and strong experience in the field of counselling, psychotherapy and supervision of other clinicians.
I have substantial experience of working with a range of concerns, including:
- Complex histories
- Working in the now/planning for the future
- Childhood sexual abuse
- Trauma management
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Families and Systems
- Couples and relationships
- Executive, Professional and Management support
- Career progression support
- Grief, Bereavement and Loss
- Sexual identity
- Diversity and difference
- Cultural issues/cultural adjustment
- Prejudice and racism
- Chemical dependency
- Families/significant others of people who are chemically dependent
- Bullying and harassment
- Compassionate Mind
- All thoughts, feelings, behaviours, causes of unhappiness and how to change
In summary, my experience is in therapeutically assisting people with all kinds of difficulties, unwanted, or not yet understood thoughts, feelings and behaviours, in how to cope more assuredly, developing self-esteem, confidence and more.
To arrange a confidential counselling or supervisory consultation, in a comfortable, safe, professional environment, in order to decide if you would like to work with me on your issues, please email:
Training, qualifications & experience
Counselling, Psychotherapy and Professional Clinical Supervision qualifications, training and accreditation:
- BACP Endorsed Dip. Clinical Supervision of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, 2016, Distinction
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, parts 1,2,3 & 4, 2010 & 2013
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), Accreditation and Registration
- Dip. Counselling, 1998
- BA (Hons.) Drama and Theatre Studies, 2:1; with modules studied in Counselling in Education, Politics, Sociology and Economics, 1993
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Couples counselling
- Counselling: £55 per 60 minute session
- EMDR: £55 per 60 minute session (EMDR/counselling combined: by agreement)
- Counselling, couples: £60 per couple per 60 minute session
- Clinical Supervision, organisations: £60 per 60 minute session
- Clinical Supervision, individuals: £55 per 60 minute session
- Counselling, families/groups: £20 per individual per 60 minute session
I am happy to meet with you for an initial session to ensure you are comfortable to work with me and to decide if I am the right therapist or supervisor for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Some evening and weekend sessions currently available for counselling and supervision
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Welcome to my Professional/Clinical Supervision profile.