Hello, I'm Joy a fully qualified counsellor with experience of working in GP surgeries, NHS, private practice and voluntary sectors.
I also work as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner in the NHS offering a range of Psychological interventions including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to people with symptoms of depression, stress and anxiety.
I'm passionate about my work, I'm fortunate that I love what I do and care deeply about supporting people to improve their lives. Please feel free to contact me for a confidential chat and to see whether I may be able to help you or your organisation.
I use an integrative approach, different models and techniques to suit the individual.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Certificate in Psychological Wellbeing Interventions (CBT Depression, Anxiety and stress).
- Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- Bereavement Counselling Certificate
- CBT couples therapy certificate
- CBT for insomnia
- Working with Anger
- Risk and self-harming
- Essential supervision skills
- Visual Stress Assessments (Testing for visual stress in a busy workplace and schools)
- Safe Guarding
- First Aid Level 3
- DBS Child and Adult workforce.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
50 minutes Counselling session one to one £40.00
45 minutes Counselling assessment £40.00
50 minutes Couple Counselling session £60.00
45 minutes Couple assessment session £50.00
Visual Stress Assessments £40.00
Face to face counselling short and long term.
Telephone CBT or Counselling support.
Can support employment assisted programmes and offer stress management workshops either one to one or to suit your organisation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|