JONATHON HOLMES working ONLINE across the UK and beyond. Six sessions minimum.
An inclusive Psychotherapeutic Counsellor working online with clients across the region and throughout the UK and beyond.
Clients are from diverse social backgrounds. They are 18+ through to senior generations and are welcomed from different heritage, races and cultures, sexualities and identities.
For the last three years my work has been at MIND, the UK’s number one mental health charity. Clients are now welcome at my own private practice.
A minimum of six 50 minute sessions are at the same time on the same day each week. ONLINE sessions are usually through Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp.
Sessions are collaborative, totally confidential and follow the ethical framework laid out by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
Working together is empathic, non-judgemental and based on trust. You, the client, are the focus and centre of our therapeutic relationship.
Some thoughts on why counselling helps us all:-
- it’s an emotional investment which can positively impact personal fulfilment
- with a trained professional you’re heard objectively, empathetically and non-judgementally
- through therapy, you can learn to trust yourself, develop emotionally and grow stronger
Counselling is humanistic and integrates psychodynamic (looking to the past), person-centred and transactional theories to help clients set their own achievable goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Central Awarding Body: Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Skills
- The British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists: Certificate of Proficiency
- Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Central Awarding Body: Levels 2 and 3 Certificates in Counselling Skills
- Qualified and trainee therapist with MIND and Porchlight charities
- Place2Be foundation training in working with young people
- Registered member of BACP
- ONLINE Counselling is also available
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Call, message or email to discuss your needs for ONLINE Counselling