JONATHON HOLMES Dip. Couns. MBACP
I’m a Faversham based therapeutic Counsellor within easy reach of Canterbury, Whitstable Ashford (and surrounding areas) in East Kent.
My clients reflect society, from 18 plus through to those in their late 70’s and come from diverse social backgrounds, ethnicities and sexualities.
We predominantly meet for face-to-face counselling or in some circumstances clients choose therapy via Skype, FaceTime, or telephone. Housecalls (covering travel expenses) can be made by special arrangement.
For the last two years, my work has been with clients at MIND, the UK’s number one mental health charity. In addition, clients are now welcomed at my own private practice.
Fifty-minute sessions are usually open-ended (as opposed to specific in number) and clients are usually given the same time slot on the same day each week.
Sessions are collaborative and in confidence and follow the ethical framework laid out by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
Our work together is empathic, non-judgemental and based on trust. You, the client, are the focus and centre of our therapeutic relationship.
Some thoughts on why counselling helps us all:-
- it’s an emotional investment which can positively impact personal fulfilment
- with a trained professional you’re heard objectively, empathetically and non-judgementally
- through therapy, you can learn to trust yourself, develop emotionally and grow stronger
Counselling is humanistic and integrates psychodynamic (looking to the past), person-centred and transactional theories and helps clients set their own achievable goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Central Awarding Body: Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Skills
- The British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists: Certificate of Proficiency
- Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Central Awarding Body: Levels 2 and 3 Certificates in Counselling Skills
- Qualified and trainee therapist with MIND and Porchlight charities
- Place2Be foundation training in working with young people
- Registered member of BACP
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
From £50 for each session
CAR PARKING IS FREE near the practice, which is a 10 minute walk from Faversham railway station
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Let's talk to discuss your requirements
Types of client