I offer individual counselling , psychotherapy and art psychotherapy for all people . My private practice is inclusive .
I trained with LGBT+ , non-binary, heterosexual service users . I also trained with psychosis, schizophrenia , eating disorders, transgender and those concerned about HIV+ and those concerned about their sexual behaviour. I worked with addictions and those who are facing choices with their use of substances.
I have worked with Transgender people and those facing decisions relating to coming out as Trans. These decisions are able to be supported by counselling and talking through the decisions so you do not feel isolated or depressed.
My practice is based in analytical therapy where we explore the past ; childhood development and behaviour , infant /parental attachments , introjected and projected feelings.
I offer psychodynamic, psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
- Talking therapy
- Art psychotherapy
Training, qualifications & experience
Masters - Psychology and Art Psychotherapy (Goldsmiths , University of London)
Qualified psychodynamic psychoanalytic psychotherapist / Art Psychotherapist.
The use of art materials allows for non verbal aswell as verbal communication within the therapy session allowing difficult and hard to verbalise emotions to be revealed and communicated to the therapist. Art Materials do not have to be used and they are available for you should you wish to use them to assist the exploration of feelings.
Areas of expertise
- Specialising in LGBT+, sexuality, couples , psycho-sexual disorders and emotional conflict.
- Trained working with clients presenting with psychosis and schizophrenia diagnoses.
- Trained and worked with Dr Brigitte Friedrich at the Terence Higgins Trust working with LGBT+ clients , gender and sexuality , HIV and AIDS related illness , Depression , Anxiety, social anxiety and issues with initmacy .
- Trained and worked with CHEMS , drug and substance users.
- Trained and worked with Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa working with Mr Robert Batt at the Recovery Centre , Belgravia , London.
Masters Fine Art , ( Norwich School of Art )
Bachelors - History of Art. ( Goldmsiths )
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Anxiety , Social Anxiety , Anorexia , LGBT+ , Lonliness and Depression .
Generalised anxiety disorder
Sexuality . Depression . Confidence .
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Arts therapies
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Photos & videos
On application but can be means tested.
Counselling or Psychotherapy .
Working from rooms in Kensington and also in Bloomsbury .
Eating disorders and body image
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Individual clients - Monday or Tuesday evening. Group (Social Anxiety) Bloomsbury - 10AM -12Noon, 5th Jan 2019 and every Saturday. January 2019 LGBT+ counselling in Soho at Sweatbox Gym
Types of client