Jonathan Williams, Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- I work from home in a garden room in Moordown, Bournemouth.
- I place great importance and emphasis on the relationship between the Client and the Counsellor.
- I believe that if a Client experiences warmth, empathy and a non-judgemental attitude within an honest, trusting and secure environment, then the collaboration that results from this can be pivotal in effecting personal growth and change.
- Sometimes life seems a struggle when you are stuck and can’t move on.
- There are times when you feel hurt, about things that have been said or done.
- Sometimes you're scared or feel alone.
- When you feel anxious, or when you feel sad or depressed. When stress seems constant.
- Talking therapy can help, giving you a safe place to share, somewhere to work through your issues.
- A place where you won't be judged, but treated with respect and dignity.
The hardest part of any journey is taking that first step.
Make it by visiting me at Sole Therapy. You can be the change.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have progressed through CPCAB training qualifications.
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4)
- I am a Registered Member of BACP - Membership number 00835576
- I have Professional Liability Insurance
- I am registered with the Information Commissioner's Office - Registration Reference: ZA345963
- I adhere to the Ethical Framework of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
- I have a Supervisor, who I see on a monthly basis.
- Look to attend to continuing professional development training which is relevant.
- As well as running my own Private Practice, I also have experience working in an agency setting such as Redlands Community Counselling Service. This offers a low-cost counselling for clients on a low income as well as counselling patients within the local NHS GP surgery.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Binge-eating disorder
- Career counselling
- Domestic violence
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Free 30 minute assessment by telephone or face to face.
£40 per 50-minute session for individuals
You can pay with cash, credit/debit card, or bank transfer. All payments are normally due at the end of each session (unless agreed otherwise) and will be receipted for your records. If someone other than you is paying and you wish an invoice to be sent directly to that person or organisation, that can easily be arranged, but you must make that clear when booking your first appointment.
- Our first Session will be a chance to discuss what you wish to bring to counselling. It will be an opportunity to ask questions and to come to a mutual working arrangement. For me to explain how I work, with information about counselling. We will agree on dates to see each other, the payment process will be explained and the cancellation policy.
- Transport/ Parking if you come by car details will be given to you for your first appointment. There is a parking in front of the house, and you are more than welcome to park there if there is space. Alternatively, there is always plenty of safe parking on the street around. Travelling by bus, we are well serviced by Yellow and More buses along the Wimborne Road, with stops close by. If you come by bicycle, it can be locked behind the gate, please bring a chain and padlock as well.
- What if I arrive early?
Because I work from home, and because I see several clients a day, I'm afraid I cannot offer a waiting room. If you arrive early, please wait in your car or outside as I cannot accommodate you inside. If you ring the doorbell before your appointment time I am unlikely to be able to respond as I will probably be working with another client. Text me to know you have arrived.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||No|
I offer alternative services such as telephone/web-based appointments.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 1830-2030, Wednesday and Friday 0900-2030.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|