Jonathan Williams, Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- I work from home in a garden room in Moordown, Bournemouth.
- I place great importance and emphasis on the relationship between the Client and the Counsellor.
- I believe that if a Client experiences warmth, empathy and a non-judgemental attitude within an honest, trusting and secure environment, then the collaboration that results from this can be pivotal in effecting personal growth and change.
- Sometimes life seems a struggle when you are stuck and can’t move on.
- There are times when you feel hurt, about things that have been said or done.
- Sometimes you're scared or feel alone.
- When you feel anxious, or when you feel sad or depressed. When stress seems constant.
- Talking therapy can help, giving you a safe place to share, somewhere to work through your issues.
- A place where you won't be judged, but treated with respect and dignity.
The hardest part of any journey is taking that first step.
Make it by visiting me at Sole Therapy. You can be the change.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have progressed through CPCAB training qualifications.
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4)
- I am a Registered Member of BACP - Membership number 00835576
- I have Professional Liability Insurance
- I am registered with the Information Commissioner's Office - Registration Reference: ZA345963
- I adhere to the Ethical Framework of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
- I have a Supervisor who I see on a monthly basis.
- Look to attend to continuing professional development training which is relevant.
- As well as running my own Private Practice, I also have experience working in an agency setting such as Redlands Community Counselling Service. This offers low-cost counselling for clients on a low income as well as counselling patients within the local NHS GP surgery.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free 30 minute assessment by telephone or face to face.
£40 per 50-minute session for individuals
You can pay with cash, credit/debit card, or bank transfer. All payments are normally due at the end of each session (unless agreed otherwise) and will be receipted for your records. If someone other than you is paying and you wish an invoice to be sent directly to that person or organisation, that can easily be arranged, but you must make that clear when booking your first appointment.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 1830-2030, Wednesday and Friday 0900-2030.
- Our first Session will be a chance to discuss what you wish to bring to counselling. It will be an opportunity to ask questions and to come to a mutual working arrangement. For me to explain how I work, with information about counselling. We will agree on dates to see each other, the payment process will be explained and the cancellation policy.
- Transport/ Parking if you come by car details will be given to you for your first appointment. There is a parking in front of the house, and you are more than welcome to park there if there is space. Alternatively, there is always plenty of safe parking on the street around. Travelling by bus, we are well serviced by Yellow and More buses along the Wimborne Road, with stops close by. If you come by bicycle, it can be locked behind the gate, please bring a chain and padlock as well.
- What if I arrive early?
Because I work from home, and because I see several clients a day, I'm afraid I cannot offer a waiting room. If you arrive early, please wait in your car or outside as I cannot accommodate you inside. If you ring the doorbell before your appointment time I am unlikely to be able to respond as I will probably be working with another client. Text me to know you have arrived.