John Bristow - Dip.Couns - SAC.Dip - MBACP
Due to Covid-19 I am only offering Skype & telephone Counselling at this time. Please do consider this as an option if you are looking for therapy.
When you are alone with your struggles it's hard. No one else really "gets it" and sometimes, it can be difficult to talk to those that care about us. We don't want them to worry and we can feel like a burden. Feelings and emotions can take our energy, and they can fill our time.
In a warm, confidential and private space, I can offer you a chance to find a way through. I will listen to your experience and work alongside your feelings. I will offer help to gain new personal insights and shine a light on your inner strength.
I can you help to:
- Feel more comfortable about getting your own needs met
- Drop coping mechanisms that are no longer helpful
- Sleep better
- Grow in confidence and feel better about yourself
- Let go of past guilt and shame
- Understand yourself better
- Feel less anxious
- Find some peace
Fully insured and a member of the BACP
- Self Harm
- Suicidal thoughts and ideas
- Self Esteem/Body Image
- Work Related Problems
- Mental Health
As well as other difficulties we face in life, not listed here.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative)
- Diploma in Drug, Solvent and Alcohol Abuse counselling
- Lv. 3 Counselling Studies + Lv. 2 Counselling Skills
- Working with Guilt and Shame
- Personality Disorder Awareness
- MHFA + MHFA for Veterans
- Safeguarding Vulnerable adults
- Creative Therapy with Children and Young People
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy (children and young people)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Counselling sessions are charged at £50 per counselling hour (50 minutes session time)
Contact us to set up an initial consultation session charged at £25.
Counselling at your home costs as above, plus £1 per mile travelled in each direction.
See website for more details.