Jodie Blackwell BSc (Hons) MBACP- Registered Counsellor & Psychotherapist
07376022481 / 07376022481
Welcome to my profile...
Many people consider counselling because they are struggling/overwhelmed by some part of their life experience. Are you feeling anxious, stressed and/or depressed?
You may have experienced a loss, trauma or bereavement, or maybe your having problems with relationships.
Are you feeling confused because you are experiencing some of the above yet nothing has happened?
Whatever your needs may be, I can help. I have a lot of experience in this field and have supported many clients with high levels of need many of them in challenging life situations.
I am a qualified, bacp registered therapist, who specialises in short and long term therapy. Together in a safe, non-judgemental and confidential environment we can explore and work through whatever may be going on for you.
I understand it can be very daunting contacting a stranger and taking the first step in your counselling journey, therefore from our first contact I will do my upmost to make you feel at ease.
I am trained in the person centred approach which is client centred. This type of therapy is non directive. I offer support, help my clients find the answer to or acceptance of their individual experience. I work to understand my clients experience from their point of view, positively valuing them while aiming to be open and genuine. I challenge sensitively when appropriate to do so, this is vital as it helps my clients to have a better understanding of their own feelings - essentially helping them reconnect with their inner values and sense of self worth. This reconnection with inner resources can enable a greater clarity, leading to a happier way of being and a feeling of empowerment to move forward making the most of life.
Person centred therapy is widely used in the U.K and is very effective. It is also recognised by the NHS, with clients experiencing positive change and growth long after therapy.
- I offer a free 30 minute consultation, there is no obligation to book a session.
- I'd be happy to hear from you whatever your needs may be.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a BSc (Hons) with First Class Honours in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Transactional Analysis 101 Certificate
- Safeguarding Adults Certificate
- Safeguarding Children Certificate
- Working with Metaphor Certificate
- Delivering Place2Talk Certificate
- Working with Difference and Diversity Certificate
- Hidden Harm (parental substance abuse) Certificate
- Working with sex addiction Certificate
- Treating Generalised Anxiety and Panic Attacks Certificate
In the past I have also worked therapeutically in the NHS and many other settings.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, which means I am bound to its ethical framework. I am also continually working on my personal development by attending regular workshops. Furthermore I am fully insured, have a enhanced dbs certificate, and receive regular clinical supervision.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
- The office I work from is in a lovely and quiet location just a few minutes walk from Cheadle Hulme train station and many bus routes.
- Free 30 minutes initial consultation, subsequent sessions are £35 for 60 minutes.
- Free 2 hour onsite parking available.
- I offer a discounted rate of £25 to people on a low income, in receipt of benefit, students and seniors.
I also offer a special discounted rate to Counselling students who need 20 hours of personal therapy as a requirement of their course. For further information please contact me by email or phone 07376022481
Please feel free to contact me, but whatever you decide I wish you well.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I try to be as flexible as possible, please contact me to check my availability, I offer a limited number of evening appointments.
Types of client