Joanne Mariner BACP Registered MBACP
I work as an integrative Counsellor, and embody a person centred approach. From this basis, I can utilise various skills acquired throughout my training to best support my client work through various issues. These include CBT, Gesralt, Humamistic, Psychoanalytic, Transpersonal/spiritual and Existential methodology.
I have worked with clients across the age spectrum and with a whole range of difficulties. These include anxiety and depression, eating disorders/issues, OCD, phobias, bereavement, relational issues, mood disorders, ADHD, concentration and focussing problems.
I have previous experience working in mental health and currently work as a Specialist Mental Health Mentor at Exeter University.
I am empathic and intuituve and utilise my knowledge/experience in accordance with each clients individual needs. Each client is unique and I believe no one size fits all, thus I offer a tailor made approach/practice which places the client at its centre.
I can offer short or long term counselling therapy, face to face, or Skype/computer or telephone sessions.
Please call or e mail if you wish to make an appointment, or require any further information regarding counselling sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2014-2016 Trained at Dartmoor Centre, Newton Abbot, Devon
- 1998-2001 Studied Psychology at Exeter University BA(hons).
- 2006 -2007 Certificate in Principles of Transactional Analysis, Iron Mill, Exeter.
- 2012- 2019 Mental health support worker DPT trust, NHS
- 2015- Currently, Specialist Mental Health Mentor, Exeter University.
- 2017:- Advanced Diploma in counselling and Psychotherapy Dartmoor Institute (accredited National Counselling Society.
- 2007:- Post graduate Certificate in principles of TA. Accredited Iron Mill.
- 2001:- Ba Honours Degree in Psychology. 2:1
- 2018 MBACP REGISTERED MEMBER
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Wednesday 9am-5pm and weekends can be flexible to suit clients needs
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|