Welcome. I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist with a Post Graduate Diploma in this field, currently working towards a MSc. Working integratively means I will adapt your counselling to meet your individual needs, depending on what issues you bring to me, and also depending how you would like to work.
Many people feel afraid or ashamed about the problems in their life or in their past and may continue to battle on or ignore the issues. Searching for a counsellor is a brave step in the right direction, you have given yourself a chance to heal. I will reassure you that counselling is not the frightening process you may have imagined. It is never too late to transform and heal from past or present issues.
I am trained in Person Centred counselling which I believe is the bedrock of all therapies, I believe passionately in the work of counselling without a hierarchy between the counsellor and client, the counsellor offers non judgmental counselling with three core conditions: warmth, empathy and genuineness. I am also trained in working with Children and Adolescents, Attachment Theory, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Bereavement Care and have taken an extensive range of additional short courses including Transactional Analysis and others listed on my website. I am more than happy to provide evidence of all my training.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Mental Health Nursing (RMN) University of Nottingham
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Skills and Studies (University of Derby)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (Level 7) (University of Derby)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy.(Level 7) University of Derby.
- Working with Children and Adolescents (University of Derby)
- Cruse Bereavement Care (Level 2)
- Numerous Cruse additional training.
- Safeguarding and Risk Assessment. ( NSPCC, MindEd and University of Derby)
- Compassionate Mind Training -Personal Practice Workshop. (Compassionate Mind Foundation)
- Mindfulness (The Bridge Centre)
- Work Experience:
- Working as a Mental Health Nurse with Older adults with functional and organic illness for 3 years.
- Six years with Cruse supporting bereaved clients in their homes.
- One year in a city centre secondary school working with adolescents with self harm, anxiety, depression, cultural diversity problems.
- Currently in private practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£20.00 for initial assessment session
£35.00 per session thereafter
£20.00 per session for students and adolescents.
50 Minute sessions, 45 for adolescents.
Online counselling is priced as above
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Hours between 9.30 until 2.30 and Monday Wednesday and Fridays from 5p.m. Weekend appointments often available
Types of client