Jo Cushion Reg MNCS(Acc). Counsellor/Supervisor. Adults, Adolescent & Children.
I am a Person-Centred Counsellor/Psychotherapist/Therapeutic play practitioner and supervisor. I provide a safe, supportive and confidential space in allowing clients to look at situations they are facing in a non-judgemental way. I also offer low intensity Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Focused Oriented Psychotherapy.
I am also a Therapeutic Play Practitioner offering a non-verbal creative form of expression, specialising in symbolic sand tray work and life story work. I have experience of working with adults, children and adolescents. My interest lies in therapeutic play and this can be used with all ages of clients. I am also trained to offer Lego® -based therapy to children; children with Autism, supporting and building social communication within families.
I am fully insured and have an enhanced DBS check. I also have extensive knowledge in child protection and offer safeguarding supervision.
I have a certificate in Supervision and welcome professionals from the helping professions. My interest within this area is safeguarding supervision for colleagues or helping professions who work with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma Person-Centred Counselling approach - 2009/2011.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - 2013.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Focused Oriented Psychotherapy – Accredited. Two year part time Degree programme (Masters Level) July 2014.
- Certificate in Creative Therapy (Children/Adolescents/Adults) - 2015. Diploma in Creative Therapies (Children/Adolescents/Adults) - 2016.
- Lego®-Based Therapy training - 2016.
- Certificate in Supervision (specialising in safeguarding supervision for children, young people and vulnerable adults) - 2017.
- Working with Parents - 2013.
- Safeguarding Supervision Training - 2014.
- Safeguarding in Education: Designated Safeguarding Lead Training - 2016.
- Steps Individual Training (safe use of physical intervention) - 2016.
- Solihull Approach trained - 2016.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am also a Therapeutic Play Practitioner offering a non-verbal creative form of expression, specialising in symbolic sand tray work and life story work.
I offer Lego® -based therapy to children and families, building on social communication.
I can offer Focused Oriented Psychotherapy. This is a distinct and effective form of psychotherapy in which the client is heard in such a way that a 'felt sense' is allowed to form and bring something new to resolving problems.
Enhanced DBS check.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I have a certificate in Supervision and welcome colleagues from within the helping professions.View supervision profile