Joanna Russell MBACP(Accred)
My name is Joanna Russell, and I am counsellor working in the west of Glasgow.
Is something bothering you and you aren't sure who to talk to?
Would you like talk things through with someone who won't judge, criticise, laugh or break your confidence?
Counselling (also sometimes called talking-therapy or psychotherapy) can help with:
- issues around gender or sexual identity
- low self-confidence or low self-esteem
- understanding yourself better
- moving on from abuse
- struggles with anger
- coping with relationship breakdown
- work related stress
- moving on from trauma
- cultural difficulties living away from your home country
My practice is based in the west of Glasgow, just off the A82 Great Western Road on several bus routes (FirstBus 6a, 3, 16) and with free parking outside. I am also open to working with you on Skype or via email.
Training, qualifications & experience
Accredited Member of BACP
Diploma in counselling (COSCA) 2005
MSc in Counselling Studies (Advanced Practice) from Edinburgh University 2009
Accredited Sexual Diversity Therapist (Pink Therapy)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
How to meet with me:
- call or email me
- we will meet for a free 30 minute initial session at a mutually convenient time
- you decide if you feel comfortable talking with me
- we set up a short term agreement to meet, usually weekly for about 6 weeks
- we review progress and how useful you are finding the process
- you decide whether you feel ready to finish counselling, or whether you want to carry on meeting and we plan accordingly
If it is more convenient for you we could decide to work on Skype rather than face to face.
My fees for 50 minute sessions (both face to face and Skype) are as follows:
- £50 for evening sessions
- £40 for daytime sessions
- I can offer some concessions particularly if you are unwaged - ask me about that
- I ask you to let me know at least 48 hours in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, or I may need to charge you for the session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer appointments between 16.00 and 20.00 most weekdays.
Types of client