Dr Joanna O'Sullivan, BSc, MEd, PsychD, CPsychol
I am a HCPC registered, Chartered Counselling Psychologist with over 16 years experience working with adults in a range of counselling settings. In my NHS work I specialised in working with people with long term health conditions and more recently in maternity and gynaecology. I now work exclusively in private practice.
I offer both short and long term therapy, and am based in Bishops Stortford CM23. I am happy to discuss how I work in an initial telephone conversation. More information is also available on my website joannaosullivan.co.uk
I offer online counselling using zoom.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PsychD Psychotherapeutic and Counselling Psychology, University of Surrey
- Introduction to teaching Mindfulness, Oxleas Trust
- Internship with the Calgary Family Therapy Programme, University of Calgary
- Hypnosis for physical health conditions, Hypnosis Unit UK, University College London
- Introduction and advanced practice in compassion focused therapy.
I have extensive experience in the NHS of working with people adjusting to living with long term physical health problems, through to end of life care. I have experience of supporting individuals, couples and families in living with difficult symptoms, pain and the psychological consequences of these, such as anxiety, low mood and panic attacks.
I have practised mindfulness meditation for many years and offer mindfulness skills as appropriate to clients.
I am experienced in working with adults with a range of mental health problems and offer a safe, consistent therapeutic space in which to explore the beliefs, habits and feelings that can affect everyday life and wellbeing in order to create choices and new perspectives.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|