Dr Joanna Harvey, DPsych, MSc, MBPsS
I am a counselling psychologist registered with both the HCPC (Health & Care Professionals Council) and the BPS (British Psychological Society). I take an integrative approach to my practice, drawing on my experience of both Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Psychodynamic models. Through a collaborative and supportive therapeutic relationship, I aim to help clients to create more balanced and fulfilling lives, whilst working through their dilemmas and difficulties.
Based in central London, I offer both longer term therapy, as well as short term solution focused therapy, dependent on each individual's needs. My previous experience includes private, NHS and third sector organisations and I can offer support in a wide range of issues including anxiety, depression, work-related burn out, relationship difficulties, personality and eating disorders. In addition to private practice, I have spent the last 5 years working in specialist NHS eating disorder services, which is an area of ongoing interest and expertise for me.
To begin with, I offer an initial telephone consultation free of charge. This allows us to identify your hopes and aims of therapy and whether we will be able to work together in order to meet your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have a doctorate in Counselling Psychology.
- I am registered with the Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC) and the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- I am currently working towards accreditation in Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) and I am a trainee member of the Association of Cognitive Analytic Therapists (ACAT).
- Training in psychodynamic, cognitive behavioural and person-centred models of therapy.
- Trained in MANTRA (Maudsley Model of Anorexia Treatment for Adults).
- Over seven years experience in the field of mental health and wellbeing.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Please contact me to discuss fees. I can offer concessionary rates for psychologists, counsellors and psychotherapists in-training.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer face-to-face appointments on Monday afternoons and early evening.
I am able to offer Skype consultations Mon-Fri with limited evening availability.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer supervision to counsellors, psychotherapists and counselling psychologists in-training and those who are recently qualified.View supervision profile