I am a BACP-registered person-centred counsellor based in Didsbury and Chorlton offering confidential, face to face sessions to support and nurture you through challenging times.
You may have clicked on this site because you are going through a difficult time or you might have certain things in your life that are troubling you? In life, we face many difficult challenges and painful situations, which we can often find hard to talk about with family or friends. Through counselling, you will be given a safe and confidential space to explore and make sense of those feelings.
I work particularly well with people who are struggling with low self esteem, feelings of 'not good enough', anxiety and negative self talk.
I can help you explore and make sense of difficulties in your life that have become overwhelming and difficult to cope with on a day to day basis.
- Do you struggle with negative and critical thinking?
- Do you suffer from low self esteem and have no confidence?
- Do you experience anxiety and overwhelm?
- Are you a people pleaser who struggles to say no and neglects yourself in the process?
- Have you grown up with a critical or judgmental parent and would like to make sense of those experiences?
- Do you never feel 'good enough'
- Maybe you can’t put your finger on it, however things just don’t feel right or life isn’t as you want it to be?
- Would you like to find your voice again and feel heard?
- Would you like to quieten your inner critic?
- Would you like to like yourself and feel 'good enough'?
- Would you like to understand more about how past experiences have shaped current feelings and behaviours?
- Would you like to be able to set boundaries and start to prioritise your own needs?
- Would you like to learn more about the importance of self-care and apply it to your day to day life?
- Would you like to feel empowered to live a more authentic and fulfilled life?
I know reaching out for counselling can feel difficult & daunting - but if you choose to, it's a really safe and valuable space which might not exist in your everyday life. You will be listened to, heard and valued with no judgment - often, many clients say, for the first time. You will gain insight and become empowered to look at things in different ways.
Above all, it's important for you to feel comfortable with your counsellor. That is why I offer an initial 20-minute call free of charge for you to find out more and ask any questions you may have. There is absolutely no obligation whatsoever as I understand it is a very personal decision.
I hope something has connected with you to get in touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (BACP accredited)
- Level 3 certificate in counselling skills
- Level 2 certificate in counselling concepts
I undertake regular training to enhance my practice and comply with BACP continuing personal development (CPD) requirements. Most recent training courses I have attended are:
- Anxiety Recovery - Treating Intrusive thoughts and The Inner Critical Voice
- Working with Trauma and Recovery
- Working with Endings in Counselling
- Working with suicidal clients
- Group facilitation in counselling
- Working creatively with children
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
Photos & videos
Initial 20 minutes phone call - free of charge
121 face to face sessions - 55 minutes
£50 per session
After spending many years in the pressurised corporate world, a ‘gap year for grown-ups’ 10 years ago allowed me some much-needed time to reflect and finally have the courage to follow through with my passion – helping others to make positive changes in their lives.
On my return, I embarked on an intensive counselling course as well as qualifying as a Samaritan, where I subsequently spent a number of years in the Manchester branch. This included mentoring as well as becoming a member of the prison team at Strangeways, where we visited twice per week. I have also been a volunteer counsellor at Face to Face in Chorlton for the past five years, which helps adults with no or very little income who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford counselling.
Having been on my own individual journey of self-awareness and change, I know how valuable counselling can be in allowing ourselves time to explore difficult feelings, and become empowered to make positive life changing transformations. My counsellor was pivotal in enabling me to gain insight and make those changes for myself.
I have a passion for the person-centred approach to counselling, because put simply, you are not seen as a ‘patient’ being treated by an ‘expert.’ Instead you are a client and we are viewed as equal. I believe you already know deep inside what the answers are, and it is my role to help you find them. Rather than me tell you what to do, I will empower you to reach those answers and take control of your own decisions.
I am a mum and step mum, and understand first-hand the struggles of starting a family as well as the pressures that family life can sometimes bring.
When I’m not with clients you’ll find me with my family. I love the outdoors and get out running or walking when I can. I’m an avid traveller, having visited numerous countries far and wide and love experiencing different sights, cultures and cuisine. Most of all I love making memories.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available.
Types of client