Jo Heaton Counselling (registered MBACP)
3 Whitehouse Road
07925 969 015
Hello, I’m Jo.
I understand people seek counselling for many different reasons and that taking the first steps can feel daunting, that includes finding the right counsellor for you.
Perhaps I can tell you a little about my approach and my experience to help you decide whether you feel we could work together. I passionately believe in the healing potential of being truly listened to and heard and that’s what I strive to offer; a confidential space in which you feel safe to explore yourself and whatever is troubling you. For me it’s about finding out what’s going on for you. Working together to support you in exploring and drawing upon your own resources, to gain greater awareness and understanding of yourself, your behaviours, to make sense of past or current events, relationships or life situation. To support you in your pursuit of emotional or mental well-being, to make the changes you want to make. As your counsellor my role is to support you through your journey rather than to give you advice or tell you what is best for you.
I have counselled in NHS primary care within a health centre and in a university counselling unit and so have experience of a wide range of issues.
- One-to-one, face-to-face person-centred counselling for adults (over 16 years old)
- Short or long term counselling
- Daytime, evening and weekend appointments in Stirling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling, University of Strathclyde.
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). You can check my membership on the professional register here http://www.bacpregister.org.uk/ This confirms that I trained to the professional standards required on an accredited course and that I work within the BACP ethical framework.
- Worked in primary care in a health centre and in University counselling unit.
- Experience of wide range of issues including, anxiety, depression, bereavement, relationship difficulties, trauma, abuse, personal development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
The cost of each counselling session is £35, payable either by cash or cheque at the end of each session. Unfortunately I don't have card payment facilities at the moment.
I ask that 24hrs notice of cancellation is given. Cancellation of a session with less than 24 hours notice, or failure to attend a scheduled appointment will be charged at the full rate.
- My counselling room is approx a mile from the centre of Stirling and is fully wheelchair accessible with on-site parking
- I am registered as a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998. Registration Number: ZA096431. This ensures that all personal information I hold is kept securely and processed in accordance with requirements of the Act.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available during the following times: Mon: 10.00 - 20.00, Tues: 12.00 - 20.00, Wed: 10.00 - 14.30, Fri: 10.00 - 14.30, Sat 8.30 - 14.00
Types of client