You've shown courage in taking the first step to find a counsellor; in return I offer you a free introductory session to get to know each other and see if I am the right counsellor for you. You maybe experiencing anxiety, suffering from depression, struggling with a relationship or dealing with a bereavement. I have experience of helping people with all of these issues and am LGBTQ aware. I work in a person-centred way, giving you the time and space to explore your thoughts and feelings in a comfortable and confidential place. I see adults on a one-to-one basis who can choose to have short, medium or long term therapy. My therapy room is easily accessible with free parking.
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained as a therapist at the University of Cumbria and have a post-graduate diploma in counselling & psychotherapy (PGDip). I am a member of the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists (MBACP) and also have nearly twenty years experience of building relationships in education, social and health care settings. I have counselled people with a variety of issues and will support you with empathy and respect to help you to improve your emotional well-being.
- PGDip counselling & psychotherapy
- PGCE education
- BA Hons. Applied Social Science (including Psychology, Sociology & Philosophy)
My recent training: 2016/2017
- Equality & Diversity; LGBT
- Safeguarding (children/vulnerable adults)
- Confidentiality & record keeping
- ASIST training: suicide intervention skills
- Creative media: using memory books in bereavement
- Working with fragile process, Richard Davis, UCLAN
- Understanding Sexualised Trauma; Zoe Lodrick, Birchall Trust
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also use pre-therapy to enable withdrawn clients to make contact with themselves, others and the world around them. This is particularly effective with those who are isolated psychologically and socially, perhaps due to a learning disability, illness, injury or severe distress.
Photos & videos
Your initial 30 minute session is free.
Subsequent therapy sessions will last for 60 minutes at £40 per session.
I offer concessions for students and those who wish to block book and pay for sessions in advance.
- Free Parking
- Public transport links
- 10-15 minutes walk from Cleveleys town centre
- WC next to the therapy room
- Fully accessible for wheelchair and scooter users
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and weekend appointments available.
Types of client