About me

Who I support

As a Clinical Psychologist I am trained to support individuals who are struggling to function in their daily lives/and or are experiencing distressing feelings.

This may include feeling sad or anxious or spending lots of time worrying about something and feeling unable to cope. These feelings may have arisen due to a sudden traumatic experience or perhaps they are more chronic long term feelings that are suddenly starting to become unmanageable. I have experience supporting people to understand what they are experiencing and develop helpful coping strategies to reduce their distress. Please see below a list of many (but not all) of the common issues that I am able to support people with.

I can also support individuals who might be facing challenges in their relationships with others - either at home or at work. Communication problems and interpersonal difficulties can cause a great deal of stress and can create unhelpful patterns of behaviour which might be impacting on an individual achieving their goals and/or creating conflicts in relationships with others.

Work related stress is also a common cause of mental health problems and can impact significantly on individual functioning. Understanding triggers and developing coping strategies when facing challenging situations at work can have a positive impact on mental well-being.

What approach I use

I use a person-centred approach, working together to think about what goals you would like to work towards. I draw on evidence based approaches that have been proven effective at reducing distress and improve individual functioning. Predominantly I use CBT, Narrative, EMDR and Mindfulness approaches.

Informal enquires welcome

I know that making contact with a therapist is often the biggest hurdle. Take your time and when/if you are ready, feel free to reach out. Remember, you are not expected to have any set answers - receiving support is a process that is shared together and starts by simply talking and exploring.

Training, qualifications & experience

I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist working in both NHS and as a private practitioner. I trained at University College London (UCL) where I received a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. I am registered with the Health Care Professionals Council.

I have worked in the NHS for 10 years, supporting children, families and adults presenting with a variety of needs.

I have experience working with both adults and children who are in need of one to one therapeutic support. This might be a short term focused engagement with therapy, or it might be a problem that does not feel so well-defined and requires a safe space to think and collaborate goals together.

Member organisations

Registered / Accredited

Registered / Accredited

Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.


Health and Care Professions Council

The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.

They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.

Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.


Free initial telephone session

Additional information

I offer a free initial 15 minute consultation to discuss what support you might be looking for and whether I am able to help. Fees will be discussed during this consultation. 


Flexible appointments depending on availability

Further information

I understand that even getting in touch can be a big step so feel free to email or call me to ask any questions without having to sign up to anything further.


Type of session

In person

Types of client

Young people