Jill Wales - BACP Accredited Counsellor - DipHE Counselling⎮BA (Hons).
Counselling In Sheffield - Jill Wales (Anxiety/Depression)
22a Holme Lane
07891 791 233
How Counselling Helps:
I provide a safe, accepting, trusting place to talk, without the fear of being shamed, judged, or rejected. I am very experienced in working with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, bereavement, identity, panic, abuse, or addiction.
In my counselling practice I work with everyone differently, depending upon their circumstances and wishes. In counselling we may explore how significant events or relationships have affected us, where we can learn to relate to ourselves differently. We might also discuss unwanted feelings and behaviours and explore other responses that will be more helpful for us.
We can only heal and grow within a supportive, trusting relationship; where we can practice letting go of the habits that are no longer helpful, to then discover new ways of being.
You may need a short number of sessions (6-12), or longer-term work depending upon your circumstances.
My experience as a counsellor has taught me that it is never too late to change, we just need to learn how.
I have worked as a counsellor for 12 years in many areas, including mental health, substance misuse, domestic abuse and employment support. I have run my own private practice for the past 8 years, supporting both individuals and couples. I also work as a registered couples counsellor for Relate.
I am an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Accred) where I meet their ethical and professional standards.
I currently work from a discreet, private practice at Wellspring Complementary Health Centre in the centre of Hillsborough, Sheffield 6.
If you have any questions, I would welcome you to get in touch for a free consultation, where I will be happy to call you back.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate of Proficiency as a Relationship Counsellor (Relate)
- Relate Couple Therapy for Depression (IAPT).
- Certificate in Relational Counselling (Relate).
- DipHE Integrative Counselling (BACP Accredited). (Sheffield Hallam University).
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery. (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors - PODS).
- Trauma and the Body. (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors - PODS).
- Working with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). (BSARCH).
- Sexual Abuse & Trauma. (BSARCH).
- Sexualised & Relational Trauma. (Zoe Lodrick, Psychotherapist).
- GamCare Training. (Krysallis).
- Dual Diagnosis - The Management of Substance Misuse & Mental Illness. (Leeds Addiction Unit).
- Working with Subpersonalities - Clinicians Course. (School of Transpersonal Psychotherapy).
- Experiencing Subpersonalities - Experiential Course. (School of Transpersonal Psychotherapy).
- Waking in the Field of Dreams. (School of Transpersonal Psychotherapy).
- Introduction to Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (LEAP) (BACP Endorsed).
- Certificate in Drug & Alcohol Counselling (CertDAC). (Sheffield Hallam University).
- BA (Hons) Applied Social Science. (Hull University).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I work as an associate counsellor for various employee assistance programmes offering short term counselling to address psychological, social and organisational problems that may be contributing to stress or sickness absence.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
£45 per counselling session individuals.
£55 per counselling session couples.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available to suit.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|