Dr Jill Ogston
I Hi I am Dr Jill Ogston and I am a highly experienced Clinical Psychologist at The Beacon Practice. I offer psychological assessment and therapeutic intervention in West and Central Scotland. I work with children, adults and families to help them understand and manage a wide range of emotional difficulties, including anxiety, stress, panic, phobias and family issues.
In addition, I have particular expertise in working with people with Autism Spectrum Conditions and related conditions; in providing support to live in a neurotypical world, with emotional difficulties and in providing an opinion on whether a full assessment of Autism would be helpful.
I use a range of psychological therapies, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, to help people improve their quality of life. I am an approachable, warm and empathic therapist who is committed to working with clients to help them develop skills and make positive changes that will reduce their emotional distress.
I see clients in clinics in Bearsden, Giffnock and Polmont. Please get in touch by telephoning or emailing me to arrange a free initial chat to discuss how I can help. We can talk about what you hope to get out of therapy and arrange a convenient time to meet.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology: 2008
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology) (1st class): 2003
- Beatson Teenage and Young Adult Service: 2018-2019
- Neurodevelopmental Service in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service: 2010-2018
- Adolescent Mental Health Service: 2008 - 2010
- ACT Training with Russ Harris: 2018
- Confident Parenting Group Facilitator Training: 2016
- Pathological Demand Avoidance: 2013
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule: 2010
- Incredible Years (School Age Basic Parent Group Leader Training: 2010
- Incredible Years Dino School: 2010
- Diagnostic Interview for Social and Communication Disorders (DISCO): 2009
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation anxiety
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Day time sessions are charged at £100/hour. Sessions after 5pm are charged at £110.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am an experienced supervisor with several years experience of supervising assistant, trainee and qualified clinical psychologists working.