Jill Eggleston MNCS (Accred)
Hello, my name is Jill Eggleston and I am based in Weymouth. I am a qualified and experienced Counsellor. I offer a free half hour initial session, I am fully insured and I offer concessions for students.
What is Counselling?
Counselling is a chance for you to talk and to be really heard. It is an opportunity to explore anything that is worrying you.
As a Counsellor, I primarily work in a person-centred way, integrating other approaches in order to suit the individual needs of my clients. We will establish a safe, professional relationship based on trust and respect. I will support you to reconnect with your sense of self worth and find your own way to move forwards. I believe that you are the expert on you! I offer both short and long term work. I attend regular supervision in order to ensure safe and ethical practice. My experience includes working with bereavement, anxiety, depression, sadness, general unhappiness and low self esteem.
I offer a free half hour appointment which is a chance for us to meet and to decide whether I can offer you the support you are looking for. There is no pressure for you to commit at this session. If you decide to come back we will arrange a weekly appointment - usually the same day and time.
Please call/email or text me if you would like further details. I may not be able to answer your call so please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
BACP Certificate of Proficiency
Cruse - Awareness in Bereavement Care
Cruse - Children and Young People Bereavement Support Programme
Accredited registrant member of National Counselling Society
BA (Hons) degree
Postgraduate Certificate in Education
My experience includes;
- Counsellor at the Matrix Project, Yeovil, providing counselling for a range of mental health issues.
- Counsellor for Redlands Counselling, Bournemouth. This is a Charity that provides general counselling, including long-term work.
- Voluntary NHS Counsellor, Bridges Surgery, Weymouth.
- Counsellor for the Counselling Information Trust, a Charity based in Parkstone. CIT offers low-cost counselling covering a wide range of issues.
- Volunteer Counsellor in the Renal and Oncology Units at Dorset County Hospital.
- Bereavement Support Worker for Dorset Cruse for 5 years, working with Adults, Children and Young People.
- Private Practice since 2013 dealing with a wide range of issues.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Initial appointment (30 mins) - FREE.
Counselling sessions (1 hour) - £35
Students - £25
Concessions may be available.
I undertake regular training to increase and update my skills and knowledge; This includes - Mindfulness, Self harm/injury, Infant Loss, Dissociation, Asperger syndrome, Understanding Anxiety and Depression, Young people and Mental Health, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Bullying, Autism, Disordered Eating.
I have experience of working with students of counselling.
I work in a modern office in a central location with disabled access.
I may be able to offer additional times - please contact me to find out.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays 9 am - 7 pm Sat (9 am - 1 pm)
Types of client