Jill Eggleston MBACP, Registered Therapeutic Counsellor
Hello, my name is Jill Eggleston and I am based in Weymouth. I am a qualified and experienced Counsellor. I offer a free half hour initial session and concessions for students.
Are you feeling stuck?
Are you feeling anxious or overwhelmed?
Are you having relationship problems?
Counselling gives you an opportunity to look at any emotional or behavioural issues which may be troubling you in a safe, therapeutic environment.
As a Counsellor, I primarily work in a person-centred way, integrating other approaches in order to suit the individual needs of my clients.
I will not give answers or advice but will provide a safe, confidential space where you can explore thoughts, feelings and actions. I believe that a good relationship is at the heart of counselling and therefore I aim to understand you in a non‑judgemental and accepting way. I offer warmth, support and encouragement to enable you to find your own answers and discover a way forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
BACP Certificate of Proficiency
Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
Cruse - Awareness in Bereavement Care
Cruse - Children and Young People Bereavement Support Programme
My experience includes;
- Counsellor at the Matrix Project, Yeovil. This is a Charity that provides counselling for a range of mental health issues.
- Counsellor for Redlands Counselling, Bournemouth. This is a Charity that provides general counselling, including long-term work.
- Voluntary NHS Counsellor, Bridges Surgery, Weymouth.
- Counsellor for the Counselling Information Trust, a charity based in Parkstone. CIT offers low-cost counselling covering a wide range of issues.
- Volunteer Counsellor in the Renal and Oncology Units at Dorset County Hospital.
- Bereavement Support Worker for Dorset Cruse, working with Adults, Children and Young People.
- Private Practice since 2014 dealing with a wide range of issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Initial appointment (30 mins) - FREE.
Counselling sessions (1 hour) - £35.
Students/ Unemployed - £25.
Concessions may be available.
I undertake regular training to increase and update my skills and knowledge; This includes - Mindfulness, Self harm/injury, Infant Loss, Dissociation, Asperger syndrome, Understanding Anxiety and Depression, Young people and Mental Health, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Bullying and Autism.
I have experience of working with students of counselling.
I work in a modern office in a central location with disabled access.
I may be able to offer additional times - please contact me to find out.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays 9 am - 7 pm Sat (9 am - 1 pm)
Types of client