Jill Eggleston MBACP, Registered Therapeutic Counsellor
Hello, my name is Jill Eggleston and I am based in Weymouth. I am a qualified and experienced Counsellor. I offer a free half hour initial session and concessions for students.
What is Counselling?
Counselling is a chance for you to talk and to be really heard. It is an opportunity to explore anything that is worrying you. It is a big step to approach someone who doesn't know you and tell them how you feel - however, it can be a life changing and affirming experience.
As a Counsellor, I primarily work in a person-centred way, integrating other approaches in order to suit the individual needs of my clients. I am not an expert - you are the expert on you. I will listen and support you. We will establish a safe, professional relationship based on trust and respect. Please call/email me if you would like further details. Thank you.
Training, qualifications & experience
CPCAB Certificate in Initial Counselling Skills, Level 2
CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills, Level 2
CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies, Level 3
CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Level 4
BACP Certificate of Proficiency
Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
Cruse - Awareness in Bereavement Care
Cruse - Children and Young People Bereavement Support Programme
Accredited registrant member of National Counselling Society
My experience includes;
- Counsellor at the Matrix Project, Yeovil. This is a Charity that provides counselling for a range of mental health issues.
- Counsellor for Redlands Counselling, Bournemouth. This is a Charity that provides general counselling, including long-term work.
- Voluntary NHS Counsellor, Bridges Surgery, Weymouth.
- Counsellor for the Counselling Information Trust, a charity based in Parkstone. CIT offers low-cost counselling covering a wide range of issues.
- Volunteer Counsellor in the Renal and Oncology Units at Dorset County Hospital.
- Bereavement Support Worker for Dorset Cruse, working with Adults, Children and Young People.
- Private Practice since 2013 dealing with a wide range of issues.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Initial appointment (30 mins) - FREE.
Counselling sessions (1 hour) - £35.
Students/ Unemployed - £25.
Concessions may be available.
I undertake regular training to increase and update my skills and knowledge; This includes - Mindfulness, Self harm/injury, Infant Loss, Dissociation, Asperger syndrome, Understanding Anxiety and Depression, Young people and Mental Health, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Bullying and Autism.
I have experience of working with students of counselling.
I work in a modern office in a central location with disabled access.
I may be able to offer additional times - please contact me to find out.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays 9 am - 7 pm Sat (9 am - 1 pm)
Types of client