Offering counselling in Purley, Croydon, Caterham, Coulsdon and South East London.
Are you feeling sad, anxious, overwhelmed? Are you struggling with relationship problems or with making the desired changes you want in your life?
People are often at a point in life where they realise that change needs to occur, in order to promote psychological well-being I work with you to identify your own unique skills and help you to recreate the balance that you are looking for. I offer services to children, adults, elderly and couples.
As a counsellor and therapist I work with you to help you feel supported, understood, and appreciated as you heal. I work with you to gain increased strength and insight as you move through the counselling process.
I work on a short term and a long term basis to assist you to gain deeper insight into yourself and as such increase awareness of relationships, people and life circumstances.
I have experience of working with depression, anxiety, bereavement, attachment and loss, self-worth and low self-esteem issues, anger management, trauma, assessment and many other challenges that we face in life. My therapeutic orientation incorporate CBT and Mindfulness. However, therapy is catered to the individual needs. Drawing from a wide range of psychological theories, I engage with you in a flexible and interactive manner to find a strategy that works best for you.
There are a wide range of reasons as to why an individual may want to access counselling. Some people may decide to talk to a counsellor when unsure who else they can disclose their personal feelings to in their daily lives.
I provide the space for individuals to openly discuss and explore any problems or issues that they may be facing, and to voice their thoughts and feelings in a confidential and supportive environment without criticism or judgement. Maintaining a positive therapeutic relationship is vital for change in the counselling process.
I am a Registered Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and practice within the Purley and Croydon areas. Counselling can be offered face-to-face or via the internet, if required.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA in Psychoanalytic Studies - Sheffield University
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy - Physis
- Specialist Certificate in Intercultural Psychotherapy and Counselling - Regent's College
I have been working in the field of psychotherapy and counselling for over 18 years. I am a registered accredited psychotherapist and counsellor. I have extensive experience in clinical work, group work and training, covering a wide range of psychological and mental health issues.
I work with a range of clients who self refer or are referred by their employers. I take referrals from Employee Assistance Programmes, GP's, Local Community Group, Local Authority, Schools and many other services. I provide both long and short term therapy, clinical supervision, psychological assessment, mediation and small business coaching.
Continuing Professional Development:
- Counselling and Psychotherapy Assessing
- Diversity and Difference
- Hidden Trauma
- Safe Guarding
- Narrative Therapy
- Grief and Loss
- Domestic Violence: Impact of Attachment Relationships in Families
- Solution Focused
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy with Difficult Clients
- Alderian Therapy
- Working with Sex and Sexuality
- Intercultural Therapy
- Mindfulness Techniques
- Extensive research on Evidence Based Psychological Treatments
- Couples Counselling
- Working with Adult Attachment Styles
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Please see my regular fee scales below:
- Children and Young people (under 16): Fee on request
- Individual: £50 (first session £75, includes assessment)
- CBT and Psychotherapy: £50 (first session is £75, includes assessment)
- Couples: £60 (first session £85, includes assessment)
- Family: £75 (first session £90)
- Supervision: £45 - £50 (per session - 60 minutes)
Concession can be offered where applicable: I do offer a lower fee for counselling students
The initial session is used to establish the working relationship, explore issues and to give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about therapy and to discuss how we can work together.
I have research interests in Narrative Therapy, Separation and Loss, Difference and Diversity.
In addition to my private practice, I also work for various charities offering short and long term stress, anger, anxiety and depression support to a wide variety of clients across a range of cultural backgrounds and social groups.
I lecture in Psychotherapeutic Counselling and Skills Course, Course Writer and Developer: Organising Workshops, Seminar and Conferences.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|