Jenny Charters MBACP (Accred)
The Consulting Rooms
The Connal Building
34 West George Street
Are you looking for some support?
I can help create a warm, safe and respectful place where you can explore your repeating patterns of behaviour and create the best life you can.
I work by forming a secure relationship in which you can explore what you want, and how you can achieve something that feels better for you.
I work with people experiencing anxiety, constant inner critic, depression, including post and perinatal depression, self-esteem, bereavement, work-related issues.
I also enjoy working with couples.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am Accredited as well as Registered with BACP, which is your guarantee that I am an experienced counsellor.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling, University of Strathclyde.
- Professional Development Award in Addictions Counselling, Anniesland College, Glasgow.
- Certificate in Person-Centred Couples Counselling by Advanced Professional Development, in association with the University of Strathclyde.
- Emotion Focused Therapy Level 1 from the University of Nottingham.
- Transactional Analysis 101 by UKATA
- 4 years of training for Gestalt therapists (in 1990s)
- Training in Addictions Counselling by Glasgow Council on Alcohol
I have Accreditation as well as Registration with BACP, which is your guarantee that I am experienced.
I have been a counsellor in a hospice, a university, a college, a healthcare company,a postnatal depression service, a Crossreach counselling service and I have done play therapy in 2 primary schools. I work for various Employee Assistance Programmes, and I have been an associate researcher at the University of Strathclyde Counselling and Psychotherapy Research Project. I have a thriving private practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- I charge £40 a session for a 50 minute session.
Payment is by cash or cheque. Some concessions are possible in situations of financial difficulty. Concessions are limited, so please mention this when you contact me so that I can be clear if I can offer a place at this time.
Testimonial - Reference about my work as a counsellor at Anniesland College (Now Glasgow Clyde College).
"You are able to connect with potentially disengaged clients in a successful and therapeutically beneficial manner. The students'/clients' feedback about you was always very positive."
Kirsten Amis - Lecturer in Counselling/Counselling Service Co-ordinator. Glasgow Clyde College.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|