Jennifer May Registered MBACP
You have most probably come across this page as you are thinking about accessing counselling for yourself or for someone else.
Counselling offers you the space to explore issues that are causing you distress, confusion or concern; with someone who will not tell you what to do, judge or reproach you.
As a BACP Registered Counsellor, I can help you to understand yourself and your feelings and emotions, by encouraging you to explore your options in a safe and trusting environment. Most importantly I will will help you to understand why you are feeling a certain way, how your problems arose and help you to learn how to avoid similar problems arising again.
I appreciate that accessing Counselling can be a scary and daunting prospect therefore, initially I will offer you a no obligation consultation session so that we can meet and discuss the difficulties that you are currently facing.
I am a qualified and experienced BACP Registered Counsellor offering Person Centered Counselling and CBT for Young People (Aged 16+), Adults and Couples from a private, confidential clinic in Leominster, Herefordshire.
I have had experience of working with many difficulties including but not limited to Anxiety, Depression, Domestic Violence, Stress, Abuse and Neglect, Relationship issues, Separation and Divorce, Bereavement, Sexual Abuse, Low Self-Esteem, Panic Disorder, Stress, Anger, Postnatal Depression, Family issues, Phobias and Low Confidence. There will be very little I will be unable to help you with.
I am based in Leominster, Herefordshire in a confidential and comfortable counselling room. I do not have disabled access currently however I can provide telephone/video therapy or can do home visits if this suits you better.
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have using the 'Email me' button on this site or the contact form on my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree in Clinical Counselling (University of Chester)
- Postgraduate Certificate in NHS Low Intensity Psychological Intervention - CBT (University of Birmingham)
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology and Sociology (Birmingham City University)
- BTEC National Diploma Level Three in Health and Social Care (TCAT)
- Currently studying Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology at Derby University
Professional Development Training:
- Level Three Child Sexual Exploitation
- Level Three Children and Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Level Three Understanding Suicide and Self Harm
- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect
- CAMHS - Understanding and Managing Anger in Children and Young People
- CAMHS - Building Self Esteem for Children and Young People
- CAMHS - Helping Children and Young People cope with Loss and Bereavement
- BLAST Project 'Not just our daughters' (Training for Sexual exploitation in boys and young men)
- Domestic Violence
- Harmful Sexual Behaviours
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Safeguarding Adults and Safeguarding Children with a Disability
- Mental Health and Child Protection
- Nutrition and Wellbeing
- Sexual Health
- Anxiety and Depression
- Panic Disorder
- Sleep Hygiene
- Stress Management
- Mental Health Practitioner for Cambian Group
- Telephone Counsellor at Healthcare RM (Integrated health, Occupational issues)
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner for NHS in Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) for South Staffordshire and Shropshire NHS
- Health Worker for Youth Offending for NHS England.
- Counsellor at The Pathway Project (Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer creative therapies such as Stone Therapy - http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/counsellor-articles/what-are-the-stones-for
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
Follow up sessions £45
Follow up sessions £55
Initial assessment and follow up sessions £35
Please get in touch to discuss telephone/video sessions
I offer some concessionary sessions for those on a low income, who are trainee counsellors or current members of the military, their spouses and military veterans. Please contact me to discuss these.
Take a look at us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/embracingchangeherefordshire/
I also run well-being classes including anxiety, depression, sleep, health and nutrition; please get in touch for further information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Limited times available - Please contact me to discuss this further.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|