I am a person centred counsellor with experience covering over 18years, during this time I have added to my professional training to be able to offer my clients a wide knowledge gathered from the best trainers in their field.
I am positive that we all have within us the resources we need to survive, and I hope to be able to support each individual on a journey of discovery and healing and acceptance. My base is in empathy, honesty and unconditional regard for each person as a unique individual allowing each to be able to find their unique strengths and strategies.
I am able to offer a peaceful private room which offers individual, couples, families and children and young people the space to explore through talking and creative counselling and play therapy. I am also able to offer online and telephone counselling.
I am also able to offer counselling in home environments where there are extreme difficulties in mobility and anxiety. This is available within a reasonable mileage please call to chat about possibilities. Thank you, Jennifer
Training, qualifications & experience
- BTEC HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA COUNSELLING
- MATRIX DIPLOMA Creative Counselling with children and Young People
- MATRIX Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Mindfulness
- APT in Person-Centred Counselling Practice Couples and Family Therapy, University of Strathclyde
- Certificate of Registration BACP accredited register
- DBS Enhanced Certificate
- Safer Programme, Child protection and safeguarding Children Training
- Working with young people
- Working with difference
- Trauma and Dissociation
- Working with conflict in couples counselling
- Asperger's syndrome counselling awareness
- Understanding Autism and Aspergers Syndrome
- Psychodynamic care of emotionally disturbed children and adolescents
- Working with young people who self harm
- Breavement Through suicide
- Dissociation and the three stages of therapy
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
Fees are based on £40 for one hour session, with lower rates available dependant on circumstances, please feel able to enquire
Monday-daytime Wednesday-daytime and evening, Thursday-daytime,